the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

is dei the best

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Have installed many starters over the years. I live in a small town and do not have a hugh client base. I started with Crimestopper starters which seemed good..but had to always reprogram transmitters. I then went to Ultra Start units and they were good.. But sometimes very haed to program.. I would like to try Viper or Avital from DEI... Can I get some feedback on this and some information on a good place to purchase them???? Thanks for your help.....
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2011 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

Viper/clifford etc are basically all the same. The remotes feel cheap to me and they do not have some vital outputs that other brands like Audiovox/Pursuit have. The most important being Pulse after start. Once you install an audiovox unit you forget all about DEI viper etc. The programming isnt terrible and doesnt require a programmer and access to the brain under dash to change simple things. All of the new units feature the program button on the antenna so no dissassembly is required.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Been using DEI and Audiovox at my shop for 12 years. Bothe are great, both have pluses and minuses. Over all, DEI all the way. Almost twice as much Audiovox product has been defective as opposed to DEI.
Gary Sather
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2011 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

And I've had the exact opposite experience with Dei vs Audiovox, but this is how this "question" is always answered. You'll never get an unbiased answer. Dei is not the best, but one of the top contenders. They have saturated the market with multiple brands, and as far as sells, they me be tops, but there are other brands as good, if not better than them. I can tell you what I have in my own truck, and it's a Compustar. It is also what the company I work for carries now,  I got tired of DOA units from other brands. I'm not saying they don't have any, I just haven't seen one yet. The install takes a little to get used to...but other than that, they are rock solid.

tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2011 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
Are you implying that my answer is biased? Believe my I would prefer to take the MORE profit I can make off of Audiovox, or even a piece of crap Scytek that I sell all day long to people who only want CHEAP. My statement has been a completely UNbiased review of my dealings with MANY manufacturers since I opened shop 12 years ago. There is no question that they saturate the market, mostly do to companies like best buy and cc that have huge buying power regardless of their lack of quality and skill.. I will say that over the years DEI product has declined slightly however it has NOT exactly been their product that has declined so much as the product they have acquired consuming other companies and merging product and taking their sweet time in working out the kinks. Even still, tech support has always been way above par when needed as opposed to Audiovox and others. And I would also like to state that I HATE dealing with DEI but my opinion remains firm do to the simple fact that quality service, expertise AND PRODUCT has kept me in great business state over the years and I would NOT sacrifice it at all.   My customers come first and I carry the product that I trust to service their needs. Believe me, the second I feel that I can no longer trust DEI for my customers then I will no longer sell them. Same goes for ANY brand.
Gary Sather
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2011 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

No...no...no, I wasn't implying anything towards you. Everybody has their brand that they like, and to answer the question "what is the best" is impossible. Just to be clear, I have no problem with DEI. I cut my teeth on DEI product. I just prefer not to use them now. I do like the Autostart stuff though. Used to do a bunch of those, and very rarely had a failure.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic