2000 cavalier cm6000 , rf p2w901 ss

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
planethax 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
2000 Chev Cavalier Stick - cm6000 & rf-P2W901-SS
So I am installing this Compustar Alram/Starter in my car.
I am an Automotive electrical tech, but this is my first install of a remote system.
First question, I have several items that need a + output where the CM6000 sends an - output (door un/locks Trunk/Parking lamp reminder)
Do I need to install a relay for each system and ckt to get these to work?
Second question, I am trying to get into the Options, I am holding Lock & unlock for 2.5 seconds bbut this is just turning shock sensor On or Off.
How do I get into options? I desperately need to 4-01 and set to settings 2 which is latched (I need this to turn on/off a relay as this is for powersupply of carputer which i need it to start the vehicle)
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2011 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

Do you have Factory Keyless entry?  If yes, then Type A (+).  If not, then REV.  Either way, the easy way to do the locks is with a DEI 451M module.  You can pick one up "online" for less than $10. 

The trunk will require a relay because you want the (+) Parking Light output.

Sorry, can't help too much with the programming, I use the OP-500.

Don't forget about the Passlock2 immobilizer...  More relays and a resistor.  Or you could get a bypass module like the iDatalink ADS DLSL GM1 (  http://www.idatalink.com/helpdesk/ ) or Fortin INT-SL+ (  https://ifar.ca/en/products/flash/int-sl%2B/  ).  That would do the Passlock2 bypass, doors & trunk plus supply a Tach signal.  All for around $50.

Soldering is fun!
planethax 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2011 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the reply.
Yes Vehicle has the factory Keyless and has type A locks.
I am going to the place I bought the CM6000 from today in hopes to get some relays etc.
I am hoping not to have to buy the OP-500 as I am not installer, this is just for my one project car, or is it worth getting?
Once these settings are set, can they be lost again? with loss of battery etc?
The only reason I bought this was to use the Aux Latch function to turn the PC on in the car.
It is a 2000 Chev Cavalier with a 2006 Pontiac G6 3500 engine and running hacked 2001 Chev Impala 3400 Pcm, and everything tied together with my custom carputer.
I turn on and start car via touch screen or via voice.
As far as passlock, I have already removed that from the code of Pcm.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2011 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

You should be able to use the remotes to make the programming changes.  The OP-500 makes it real easy ( and is the only way to make changes in the Special Option Groups ) and as long as the antenna is accessible, changes can be made quickly.  But the $80 price is a lot for just one system.   

The place that sold it to you might do it if the antenna is easy to get at.

Soldering is fun!
planethax 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2011 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
According to the guy I bought Module from I must use the OP-500 for any options (not just the Special Option groups)
Maybe it is because I am using the RF-P2w901-SS ?
Seems pretty messed up to me, some options should still be available via remotes :(
The manuals say hold Lock+UnLock for 2.5 seconds, then hold Lock+UnLock again for 2.5 seconds, but this just turns shock sensor on or off.
The guy I got module from said when I am done install I can go over and use their OP-500 but that may prove to be a hassel if I change my mind on some options.
Wish the manual stated this as I downloaded and read the full install manual of the CM6000 before I purchased to be sure it did what I need.
Desperately need to turn Aux1 on and set to Latch9regular options group 4)
I guess I will have to rig up a temp feed to my powersupply relay in order to go get it programmed :(
planethax 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2011 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
According to the guy I bought Module from I must use the OP-500 for any options (not just the Special Option groups)
Maybe it is because I am using the RF-P2w901-SS ?
Seems pretty messed up to me, some options should still be available via remotes :(
The manuals say hold Lock+UnLock for 2.5 seconds, then hold Lock+UnLock again for 2.5 seconds, but this just turns shock sensor on or off.
The guy I got module from said when I am done install I can go over and use their OP-500 but that may prove to be a hassel if I change my mind on some options.
Wish the manual stated this as I downloaded and read the full install manual of the CM6000 before I purchased to be sure it did what I need.
Desperately need to turn Aux1 on and set to Latch9regular options group 4)
I guess I will have to rig up a temp feed to my powersupply relay in order to go get it programmed :(

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic