the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 ford f150 bypass module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jstgermain55 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2016 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jstgermain55
That's exactly what I want... Thank you.. much appreciated. My confusion was how to flash the module for the firmware, but from what I read, I believe I have to plug the ADS AL-CA into the computer and flash it with the firmware on my computer at home and then plug it into the truck.. correct?
jstgeramin
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2016 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Basically, yes.  You will need the ADS USB cable ( ~ $35 on EBay ) and authorized access to their Download / Flash section of their WEB site (  http://www.idatalink.com/weblink/  ).  Might be cheaper to find a online seller to buy the ADS AL-CA and pre-flash it prior to shipment.  You aren't using KLON so you should be good to go. 

Just did a few Fusions with that firmware.  Very easy, just strip the ADS AL-CA CAN wires and temporarily insert into the ODB2 CAN1 wire holes at the back of the OBD2 plug for the first part of the programming process ( Step 2 ).  When the LED starts blinking Green rapidly, pull the wires out and make the permanent soldered connections to the other OBD2 CAN2 pair of wires ( Step 3 ). 

Soldering is fun!
jstgermain55 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2016 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jstgermain55
ok, so I purchased the data cable and the idatalink alca and itstelling me the firm ware is not compaitable. it will only let me flash ADS-AL(DL)-FM6 (1.1)... which I assume the DL is door lock, which I don't need... I need the RS... thoughts?
jstgeramin
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2016 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
First guess...   Check the ADS AL-CA module.  You probably need the current 64k module.  If you have the older 32k module, there is not enough memory space to load the larger RS firmware.  If it's not marked on the module sticker, it will be shown on the PC screen when the module is detected at the beginning of the FLASH process.
Soldering is fun!
jstgermain55 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2016 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jstgermain55
BOX Says: T/C X1A90CECFO; HW ADS-AL (64); I assume this 64 is the 64K module... this is my first time doing this, but I followed everything and not sure what other options I have. it seemed simple... any other ideas? options?
jstgeramin
jstgermain55 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2016 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jstgermain55
2007 ford f150 bypass module - Page 2 -- posted image.2007 ford f150 bypass module - Page 2 -- posted image.2007 ford f150 bypass module - Page 2 -- posted image.
jstgeramin
kreg357 
Posted: May 04, 2016 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

That's good, you have the newer 64k module.  Not sure why it's not giving you the RS firmware option.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: May 04, 2016 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

You might be doing something wrong during the FLASH.  Here are the steps :

1.  Plug in your ADS USB cable to the PC.

2.  Plug in the ADS AL-CA into the ADS USB cable.
3.  Open the ADS FLASH WEB site and Login.
4.  Once the module is detected, verify that Flash by Vehicle is selected.
5.  Click on Ford.
6.  Click on 2016.
7.  Click on F150
8.  Click on "Std. Key Pickup Automatic" and then click on Next.
9.  Verify Others is selected and click on Next.
10. On this page select "Factory remote" ( left column, second choice down ), then click Next.
11. Verify that RS-FM6 is shown and click on Flash.

This will give you a 15 minute run time and is initiated by 3 Lock commands in a row from the factory FOB's.  You can go into Configure

Features at Step 11 prior to clicking on Flash and changes these settings. 

Soldering is fun!
jstgermain55 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2016 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jstgermain55
ok, I did the above steps and then went to the steps you mention above which is described in the instructions: "Just did a few Fusions with that firmware. Very easy, just strip the ADS AL-CA CAN wires and temporarily insert into the ODB2 CAN1 wire holes at the back of the OBD2 plug for the first part of the programming process ( Step 2 ). When the LED starts blinking Green rapidly, pull the wires out and make the permanent soldered connections to the other OBD2 CAN2 pair of wires ( Step 3 )."
but when I hook the wires up I do not ever get a red light from the first can1 connection...nothing lights up when I hook the power, ground, canh1 and canL1 to the OBD2... how long should this take for the light to come red? 30 seconds? 2 minutes?
a couple of questions:
1) I hooked the power and ground to a constant power I have under the dash for a cigarette plug; is this ok (it's a constant 12 volts)? or does it have to be plugged in the power and ground power on the OBD2?
2) my remote start on the dash/truck computer is "turned on" like the factory remote start, but it never had a factory one, does this matter at all with this install?
Thanks for all the detailed information, quick responses, and feedback...
jstgeramin
kreg357 
Posted: May 05, 2016 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Personally, for installation ease and appearance, I would draw power from the OBD2 wires as shown in the install guide.  I also add

an in-line 3 Amp fuse to the modules' Red +12V power wire.  After final programming, I wrap the four ADS AL-CA wires in a Tesa tape
and secure the module discretely under the dash.

Carefully strip the insulation off of the two CAN2 wires used in Programming Step 3, ensuring that they do not come into contact with

anything or each other during the programming process.

Verify that the modules' two CAN wires are making good contact to the correct CAN1 wires in the OBD2 plug and then do the module

Reset procedure shown on Page 14.  This will verify good power and prep the module for actual vehicle programming.  If I remember
correctly, the LED goes to Red within 60 seconds and starts doing a flash Green flash as soon as the key is turned to OFF.  Pull the
modules' CAN wires one at a time and solder them / insulate them with Scotch Super 33+ tape to the correct CAN2 wires.  The LED
will continue with the fast Green blink until Step 8.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic