icon

python 4230p for 99 nissan pathfinder.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sape33 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2011 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
How shuld I wire relays for Python 4203p on a 99 Nissan Pathfinder?
Arm OEM alarm
dissarm OEM alarm
lock
unlock
Does horn needs a relay?
Rear defoger does it need relay?
ok let't start. (+) is positive (-) is negative.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2011 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a link to the DEI wire guide info :  http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?make=Nissan&model=Pathfinder

As shown, the Factory Alarm Arm, Alarm Disarm, Lock, Unlock and Horn all require a straight (-) pulse.  No relays required

No info listed for the rear defogger, sorry.

Soldering is fun!
sape33 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks in advance.
In this link it says that pathfinder has (+) parking lights wire and (-)parking lights wire. So if I use (-) wire then I won't have to use relay right?
Im just confused because even if it has a (-)signal wire, the manual says that I have to use a relay SPDT for locks, unlocks, arm,disarm,and parking lights (+). I have (-) wires on my passport and I didn't use any relays.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

I am not familiar with the Python 4203P and can not find an install guide.  Most vehicles have a (-) and a (+) Parking Light wire available.  You can use either.  It usually depends on the Parking Light output(s) of the unit you are installing and the ease of access to the listed wires.  Some units only output a (+) Parking Light signal and that is usually a 10A output.  

The typical (-) 200mA output from the Python unit is enough to drive most vehicles locks, alarm, horn and (-) Parking Lights. 

Soldering is fun!
sape33 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2011 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
ok I finished Installation. I tested everything. Worked fine. Then after a ride. I couldn't remote starter. Loks with ignition sometimes works sometime doesn't. Last night OEM alarm went off. Then at 3AM again something trigger the OEM alarm. I was using python without wiring arm and disarm wires with no problem. I think I'm just going to remove those wires and see what happen. Also before I put everything back together I was using bitwriter, Im just wonder if I change something that made remote starter fail.
sape33 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2011 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
ok I found the problem. It was a defective toggle switch. I replace it and its working now. Alarm still trigger after I arm OEM alarm.
It sounds like cranking time is too long. Can I use bitwriter to use volt detection instead of virtual tach?
kreg357 
Posted: September 19, 2011 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

Minnesota???   Gets awful cold there. 

Run a Tach wire and change to Tach Mode.  Do the Tach Learn procedure.

This info from DEI :

Tachometer           blue  AC                 at distributor

Soldering is fun!
sape33 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2011 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
Sweet. Im ready for cold winter (-20F).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic