icon

cannot enter program mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roger555 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
After hooking everything up between my viper 5902 + iDatalink (W2W) mode in my 06 Acura TL I finally had the courage to hook the battery up last night. No sparks!
First I programmed the idatalink to mode 2 (W2W mode) successfully. Then I programmed the Tach wire (direct wire) successfully programmed. Next tried to enter programming mode on the viper to switch it from Manual mode to Auto.   I cannot get into the programming mode for the life of me!
I have the (H1/8 - Green (-) Door Trigger Input) hooked to the idatalink but grounded it just to be sure.   I open the door turn the ignition on/off then press/hold the button on the antenna and nothing, but when let up on the button the LED goes solid blue & the remote vibrates & says it has entered valet mode.   Any ideas whats going on here? I have all the wire on the H3 harness hooked up correctly.     
Also I bought the unit new it shouldn't be locked by a bit writer
Following the procedure from the manual
Open door
Turn the ignition on then off
immediately press and HOLD the program button
the siren will chirp once, then twice and then 3 times.
immediately after you hear it chirp the 3 times press the valet once and release it then press and hold it
the siren will chirp
while STILL holding the valet switch press lock on the remote until the siren chirps twice indicating that it is in automatic transmission mode.
after that release the valet and turn the ignition on then off and the siren will chirp then sound indication completion of programming. "
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
So u get nothing at all when you try to program? No chirps from the siren whatsoever?
JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
roger555 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
No chirps at all and no matter how long I hold the program button when I release the blue light comes on and it goes into valet mode.     I'm using a radio shack buzzer as my siren but it chirps fine when I lock/unlock the car.   Any ideas ?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure you have a good ignition feed to the alarm?   Are you sure you have a good door trigger connection?
roger555 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Well I grounded H1/8 and I checked the ground right at the molex so I know thats grounded. I guess I need to hook the multimeter up to the ignition wire just to make sure.
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
Turn the ignition on and see if you can arm the alarm.  If you can, then investigate the ignition connection.  If you can not arm it with the key on, chances are the ignition connection is fine.
roger555 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yup the pink wire gets power when I turn the key.   Should it be going into valet mode when I do this?   Could programming be locked somehow?
roger555 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Nope It wont let me arm the car when the ignition is on so I looks like everything is good there.    What the hell!!    Maybe i'm doing the procedure wrong?
1. Ground green wire
2. turn key in ignition to acc 2 then back out & remove
3. Press and hold program button on antenna
I could hold the program button for 5 minutes and nothing, but when I release it the blue light goes solid and my remote beeps and says I have entered valet mode. GRRRR!
roger555 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Any ideas? I'm just hooking over aux stuff in the meantime.   How do you normally get into valet mode with the control button?
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 11, 2011 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have no idea on the Viper units.  I was just trying to make sure you had ignition and door trigger.  It has been many many years since I had any hands on experience with an alarm.  If I could help you, I would.  Maybe some of our hands on guys will be able to help you.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic