icon

04 silverado, python 1401, viper 5901, pop, lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mvarnado 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone simply tell me whether or not it would be okay for me to wire things up as I did in the original diagram at the top of the post and simply trigger more than one actuator per relay? If I were to go from the 30 pin on the relay to two actuators instead of one, would that be okay?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2011 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Yes.
mvarnado 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2011 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
According to my XK01 diagram, once I make the D2D between my 5901 and my XK01, there are only a few other wire connections to be made. The diagram says that I should connect the XK01 to the truck's computer via the violet wire into the diagnostic connector. That's easy enough. However, the diagram also shows that I would only have to make 8 more connections from the remote start to the truck. It lists them generically as:
(-) Ground
(+) 12 V input
Parking Lights
(+) Start
(+) Ignition 1
(+) Ignition 2
(+) Accessory
(-) Neutral Safety (DEI Platforms Only)
Some of these are pretty clear, like I know Ground, 12 V Input, etc. The VIPER installation guide more or less tells you where to connect these wires too, but it isn't abundantly clear which are necessary when using XK01 and which are not. I would like to avoid unnecessary connections as well as avoid leaving anything out. As for the ones I'm not sure about, they are:
Parking Lights
H1/11      White      Parking Light Output (Connect to parking light wire)
(+) Start
H3/4      Violet      (+) Starter Output (Car side of the starter kill)
H3/5      Green      (+) Starter Input (Key side of the starter kill wire)
(+) Ignition 1
H3/1      Pink      (+) Ignition 1 Input/Output
H3/6      Red      (+) Fused (30A) Ignition 1 Input
(+) Ignition 2
H3/2      RED / White      (+) Fused (30A) Ignition 2 / Flex Rlay Input 87
H3/7      Pink/White      (+) Ignition 2 / Flex Relay Output
(+) Accessory
H3/9      RED / Black      (+) Fused (30A) Accessory/Starter Input
Remote Start Input Harness Wire 1      BLACK/ White      (-) Neutral Safety Switch Input
Are any of the wires listed above from the 5901 unnecessary? Also, did I leave anything out? Thanks a lot!
mvarnado 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2011 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
Just so I'm clear, I took the generic names of the wires from the XK01 diagram, the ones that the diagram shows running from the 5901 to the truck:
(-) Ground
(+) 12 V input
Parking Lights
(+) Start
(+) Ignition 1
(+) Ignition 2
(+) Accessory
and then beneath each one listed the wires that I believe they correspond to on the 5901 harnesses. I want to know if that looks right to the more experienced installers out there. If I can confirm this, I can use the 5901 installation instructions to make the connections to the truck. Of course I'll have to connect the siren and tailgate lock as well, but I'm mainly concerned about the wires above that I don't quite understand. Thanks again.
mvarnado 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2011 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, thanks for the overwhelming responses of helpful information guys. I guess I'll just update this for all of the people who read this every day and don't reply. If you buy your 5901 from where I bought it from online, they will send you the copyright protected vehicle specific wiring guide from DEI (the documentation that is only intended for authorized installers that tells you in full detail exactly how to install your 5901 into your year model vehicle with no problems and no unnecessary work.) I guess I'll be getting PMs out the yin yang now from people wanting to know where I bought my unit.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic