the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 dodge caravan + db all not talking.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmullan99 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2011 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed a Prostart + DB-ALL in my 2003 Dodge Caravan. This is about the 20th install (various combinations) I've done. The R/S and DB-ALL work together wonderfully. Remote starting works as expected.
My issue is door locks and parking lights. They do not operate via the DB-ALL. Manual door locks will not function while R/S is running the car. HVAC is running even though the on/off for it is non-functional. That is to say, the light on the on/off does not light and pressing it does nothing, but the controls are live.
The module LED shows it's accepting the commands from the R/S. 1 flash for lock, 2 for unlock, steady flash for GWR.
The 2 MUX lines are connected together to connector #3 pin 21 on the BCM. The J1850 line is connected to pin #2 of the OBDII connector.
I am at a loss as to why these won't function. I have triple checked all wiring connections. This module was "supposed" come with Chrysler firmware installed. I currently assume it is since the imobilizer portion works. But the crazy operation of other things makes me wonder if it's not talking "Chrysler" to the CAN BUS.
The HVAC may be bad 2nd starter wiring. My 180 ohm resister (via relay for negative trigger) actually measure 183 ohms. Is that close enough?
Anyway, I hope some valued members have some insights for me. Spent 3 hours checking trying to track this down.
John
jmullan99 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2011 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
I just had another thought. The relay used to trigger STARTER2 (via the 180 ohm resister) is connected via a programable output on the R/S. I currently have that set as another STARTER output. Perhaps it should be set as a 2nd ACCESSORY or IGNITION?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic