the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 buick lesabre, viper 5601

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2011 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
can anyone help me i recently installed a viper 5601 in my buick lesabre   and when ever i try to remote start it all i get is a ticking sound from the module and the parking lights flask about seven times. i was wondering if it is because i didn't include a bypass module. if anyone has any ideas as to why i can't get the remote start to work any input will be greatly appreciated?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2011 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

Did the remote start function ever work? Your car is listed as having the PassKey3 immobilizer system and requires a bypass module. Here is a link to a bypass module that is easy to use and does more than just the transponder bypass.  http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=125

Assuming your car has an automatic transmission, did you program the Viper for Automatic transmission?  They come set for manual transmissions and seven blinks can mean that you tried a remote start without entering into Reservation Mode.

Perhaps if you listed the Vipers' wiring connections to the car we could supply more insights.

Soldering is fun!
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2011 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you in advance for the help.. i was wondering if a dei 555g bypass would also be a good one to use in this situation? and i also did program the system to automatic transmission
here are the connections i made into the ignition system from the 10 pin heavy gauge wires
heavy gauge> car
pink> pink ignition 1 wire
RED / white> 12v from car battery
orange> orange accessory wire
violet> yellow starter wire vehicle side
green> yellow starter wire ignition side
red> 12v from car battery
pink/white> white ignition 2 wire
RED / black> 12v constant from car battery   
everything else works fine except the remote start
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2011 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  

The 555G has been discontinued and DEI no longer lists it, but it is a PK3 bypass and should work.  I wasn't able to locate an install guide to verify. 

Your wiring looks good ( with the exception of the Brown ACC2 wire ) and should work.  What happens if you insert a key into the ignition switch, not turned, and try a remote start? 

Try doing the Shutdown Diagnostics.  That will give you some more info.  Seven blinks usually means you are still in MTS.

Soldering is fun!
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2011 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
i am going to try and do the diagnostics today and get back to you but whats up with the brown acc2 wire what should i do with that? thanks again for the help!
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2011 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
ALSO here is a link to the 555g so you can check out the diagram http://www.directedstore.com/manuals/555GW.pdf
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2011 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
The brown wire only powers some non-essential items like the windshield wipers. And who wants the wipers on with remote start anyway? You don't have to connect anything to it.
The rest of the ignition wiring looks right. Hopefully you tested all the wires.
Where is the brake wire connected? Is the hoodpin installed, or is the gray hoodpin wire connected to anything else? Is the toggle switch plugged into the unit? I'd look in the diagnostics menu for sure.
And I guess you could use the 555G for the immoblizer, but how much is your time worth? How long will it take you to run wires into all four doors for locks, trunk, and all four door triggers.
Get yourself a nice all-in-one module that'll do immobilizer, locks, trunk, door and trunk triggers and call it done. www.idatalink.com www.ifar.ca www.xpresskit.com
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2011 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help! the bake wire is connected to the white brake wire at the brake switch, the toggle switch is plugged into the unit, but the hood pin is not installed
there was a previous viper alarm in the car it just didn't have a remote start, so i just connected it to the door locks system that was already set up and those work fine.
Would anyone happen to know where i can find diagnostics for the viper 5601? thank you
kreg357 
Posted: September 25, 2011 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Here is a link to the Viper 5601 Install Guide.  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=749   See page 55.
Soldering is fun!
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
could someone also explain how to wire up a trunk pop relay to this car
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic