Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2011 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
1-ohm load.
Metal kick drums.
SPL drivers.
SPL amplifiers.
And you're worried about "clean bass"...
Jim... That aside, there is no stereo information that will be discernable below 80Hz in the car - it's physics. If you don't already have the gear, but are considering the purchase of MORE gear to achieve this result, you'll gain nothing with the additional outlay of cash.If "audiophile" bass is what you're after, you are going the wrong way, amigo...
my bass is very clean , if you are questioning the gear ?. there is no problem there it is very clean aside from what i posted im running morel mt 37 tweeters with cdt blending tweeters and re audi0 xxx 2 ohm mids and an
ma audio 1700xe amp for the mids , i can tune a stereo im 40 and have been doing this for a while my gear at home is all high end 20k plus worth , and as far as tuning ,my system sounds great , my question was concerning channel separation of subs l/r."audiophile" i have
thanks for all of the replies and comments
jim
usc45cal 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2011 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
soundnsecurity wrote:
ill give you a hint. as a fellow lover of all that is metal, the two things that matter most is a good mid and the discipline to keep your sub turned down and let the mid do the work from about 120Hz and up. if you let the sub have too much bandwidth then it just doesnt sound as "quick" as it needs to be to keep up with rapid double bass drum, not to mention trying to play accurate notes from a bass guitar with distortion applied. its just too must for a sub to handle by itself.
it might take a little bit of playing around with gain and crossover settings to find a sweet spot for your particular equipment but it does exist.
if you do this til the sound is clear and "quick" but you find you dont have enough volume or punch, then you should think about spending your money on better equipment instead of more equipment.
thanks man , im running my mids at 125 and as i stated they are re audio xxx and morel mt 37 tweets they really work well blending with the sub and the sub gear im using is great the kicks pound through your chest and the amp never gets hot , panteras uplift literally was bouncing change out of my door rull
thanks
jim
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2011 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

man you have a very random assortment of components, what are you using for a crossover on all those speakers?

ok so your mids are crossed over at 125Hz, at what frequency is your sub crossed over? if you have it set too close to your mids xover point then depending on the slope you could have too much of an overlay. so it makes your sub and your mid try to play the same frequencies right around where you say you are having problems. having different speakers playing the same notes can make it sound muddy or slow or just generally not right. so you may need to lower the subs xover point to about 80Hz

again this is only my opinion based on experience. im not one of these brilliant mathematicians on this site that can explain everything with numbers and values. 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic