the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 honda odyssey rs issue?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2011 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

You can still make the ADS AL CA work.   Just go W2W.

First follow the procedure for an ADS AL CA Factory Reset.  Do not reconnect the harnesses. 

Re-wire the bypass in W2W mode to the Compustar brain.  Make all the necessary connections except the Yellow/Red Trunk Status Connection.  ( With a CM6200 R/S no-alarm brain the Trunk and Door Status are only necessary when in manual trans mode. ) 

Cut the D2D harness and make the power, ground and GWR connections. 

Plug in all the harnesses.  Set the ADS AL CA mode to Standard ( 2 blinks ) and lock it in.

Re-program the bypass to the van and re-learn the Tach on the Compustar.   

Soldering is fun!
tianot 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2011 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

@mike

flashlogic not working too. thanks

tianot
tianot 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2011 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

@kreg

I did the wire 2 wire connection, i did not connect the trunk status wire and trunk output wire and still the trunk popping out in the remote. do you have any idea idea whats wrong with it?

i was thinking to change my bypass to ADS-TB.

tianot
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2011 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

Did you connect any of the Status wires in W2W mode ( Door , Trunk, Hood )?  Seems strange that the CM6200 is giving that response with no input connected.

You could use an ADS TB (with the ADS TB HA1 firmware loaded...) but that would only do the bypass function.  You would have to connect the CM6200 directly to the car for the locks, sliding doors, brake, tach, and Factory Alarm.  The ADS AL CA makes the install so easy...

The CM6200 is two way data link compatible with Fortin bypass modules (like the EVO-ALL).  Fortin modules come pre-loaded with firmware but can be updated, if necessary, via the FlaskLink USB cable.  The FlaskLink program is a free download and no registration is required to update the modules.

Soldering is fun!
tianot 
Posted: September 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
i connect only the hood status wire.
if i use the ads-tb, how can i wire the sliding door? i will use two relays right? but how? thanks
tianot
kreg357 
Posted: September 30, 2011 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

Follow the wiring on Tech Doc 1085 using the following wire colors:

driver side open - WHITE/ blue

driver side close - WHITE/ black
driver side common - GREEN / WHITE

passenger side open - pink

passenger side close - RED / white
passenger side common - lt. green

DEI Tech Doc 1085 :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=472

Soldering is fun!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 01, 2011 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have a lot of experience with the Compustar units, but here's a quick troubleshooting idea that might save some time:
1: Unplug all harnesses from bypass module.
2: Roll down window so you can't get locked out of the car!
3: Leave customer's key in ignition, in Off position.
4: Operate the remote starter in every possible way you can imagine:
4A: Start it and do key takeover.
4B: Start it, don't do takeover, shut off by remote.
4C: Start with key, put in pit-stop mode, shut off by remote.
4D: Start with key, put unit in pit-stop mode, get out of car, pretend to run inside for coffee, come back to car, put key in, do key takeover.
You get the idea.....try a bunch of different things and see if you can get the unit to fail again.
If it fails without the bypass module, look to either a problem with your installation, with the car, or with the remote starter.
If it doesn't fail with no bypass module installed, look to either the module's firmware, or your installation of the module.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic