icon

dei 555u or 555f

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nelsen1 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2003 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

I have 98 ford explorer with PATS, I will be installing a autopage 750 with remote start on it.

What is the difference in in the 555u and 555f and is it for my model ford?

Where is the best place to buy one online?

Knelsen
Derek 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2003 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
The 555u is the one I prefer and use all the time, the 555f I'm not familiar with. Using the 555u or something similar requires you to give up one of your keys.
Basically, You put 1 of your keys inside a little sealed box and wire this box to your remote start to allow the remote start to temporarily bypass the PATS system, and allows it to start. It's the easiest way to go to bypass
the PATS. I can give you more info. on getting one, just Email me directly at derek@autoalarmpro.com
michaelrc51 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2003 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
I think the 555f has a transponder attached to it. You hook it up to the alarm so when starting the car it powers the 555f. All you have do do is program the transponder into the the car's memory, which is simple on Fords. Just go to your local locksmith and get a regular 10 pin ford key cut from your key, make sure it doesn't have a transponder in it. Since your vehicle is a 98 I think you will only need one original key for this procedure. Take the original key that has the transponder and put it into the ignition, then turn the ignition on and turn it to the on position( not to the start position). When you do this watch the security light, when it goes out you have 5 seconds to program the new key or in this case the transponder into the system. You will simply put the key that you had cut into the ignition and turn it to the on position, when the light goes out the transponder will be programmed into the system. Oh yeah, you must power the 555f when programming the transponder into the system and place the transponder near the ignition, there is an antenna in the ignition. If this doesn't work you need to have two original keys to program a new one into the system, this is on some 98 cars and all 99 Ford vehicles with a transponder.
CCRoadshop 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2003 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
use the 555U.....555f's have a problem that whens its really cold out..it can freeze up the crystal and cause it to not start in the morning(in winter obviously..unless u live somewhere warm all the time then use the 555F
Installer - Circuit City Roadshop(2 1/2 years n counting)
------------------
Alpine CDA7894(soon to be the cda9815)
Pioneer XM unit(soon to be direct link alpine)
Audiovox 995C alarm/remote start

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic