icon

2010 honda civic arm/disarm wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ruki101 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2011 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
In the 2010 Civic wiring diagram, it says that the arm/disarm wires are in drivers kick panel location @ 18-PIN connector (ARM; [-] Orange Pin 13)& (DISARM; [-] Brown Pin 7). Is this connector next to the 2nd white connector & blue connector? I'm just confused because the ARM wire (orange) is in pin 14 & the DISARM wire (brown) is in pin 7 and the white connector is not 18 pin at all.. Anyhow, can someone confirm this for me?
Thanks in advanced!!!
Just About Anything Sparks
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2011 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Did you test those wires with a meter? Are you counting only the wires in the plug or are you counting all of the pins, even the empty ones?
Advanced
ruki101 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2011 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
=======================
10/01/11
I have not check it with meters but I'll do it tomorrow morning. I'm just verifying the wiring location for now. And yes I'm counting all the pins including the empty ones. But if the described location is correct then I'll feel much better and confident.
=======================
10/02/11 [UPDATE]
After hooking up all the required wires, I tested its function and I found out that the RS unit is not disarming the vehicle during remote starting operation that triggers the factory alarm... So, I'm guessing that the disarm wire is not connected correctly to the vehicle...
In addition, if I remote start the car with the door/s unlocked, I can't lock the doors via Snake remote.. Is this a problem with Civic? (I've done 08 Accord with no problem like this)
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2011 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
check in the very back of the fuse box. the two wires are very very thin. orange (arm) and brown (disarm). Smallest wires iver ever seen.
ruki101 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2011 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
It's fixed.. Just needed to tie RS arm to lock & disarm to unlock wires..
shocker1092 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
Hey, real stupid question and all...but...I'm having a problem with this initial issue as well. I've got ny remote starter installed and functioning (so, I'm not a complete idiot) but cannot seem to locate this white 18 pin plug with the gray and green wires for the door functions. It says in the drivers kick panel, but where more specifically will it be? I found something next to a blue connector at the bottom of the panel, but nothing gray here I believe. It's a 2010 civic coupe. Thanks!
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
I've been getting the door locks and alarm arm/disarm at the harness coming from driver door in driver kick panel. I just follow the two harnesses from door and it's the lower of two, split the loom and there's a microscopic brown for disarm, same size blue for lock, and Gray for unlock. on the 2012 the gray wire is bigger.   I've been doing one buttons mostly, so I don't recall rearm. Think tiny orange.    They break real easy, I have to feather my strippers to not break them.   
(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
look for 2 connectors leading form the door into the car, the 2 harnesses can be accessed right behind the fusebox. Both are taped up in grey tape. so you should nto have an issue locating it. use a DMM to test. easy car to do.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
shocker1092 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I actually figured this out already...I guess I just was having a hard time pulling that plug out from inside the kick. I've got some tiny hands so I wonder how some people can get to those!

I also connected the small brown wire to the disarm function and think I'm still not quite there. If I arm the alarm using the factory key fob and start the car with the remote start, the alarm goes off! Am I missing something else? I did not attach anything to the "orange" wire because that says it is the ARM wire and don't think that would matter, would it? 

Should I do something here or am I missing something altogether that you guys might have tips on?

I also see the post above that says:

It's fixed.. Just needed to tie RS arm to lock & disarm to unlock wires..

Can anyone explain what he meant here? What is "RS" and how/why did he "tie" these items together?? Sorry for the ignorance...I usually prefer working on cars from the 1960's!

roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
I did one yesterday, it was the upper harness coming from driver door to the back of fusebox.   The disarm wire is tiny brown...   Best described to me as " the microscopic brown wire, none like it coming from driver door").        I can always find it no problem, but I put a power probe on it to verify it's the correct wire before I try it everyetime (or digital multiple meter.). The tiny brown wire will test as negative when the key is put in driver door and held in the 'unlock' position.     If it tests as negative with key in unlock position, it WILL disarm this car.      If you do have the correct wire, make sure your disarm output from the remote start is actually working and putting out a negative pulse before the start sequence.     (I've pulled a complete bone head move many times and connected the rearm wire off RS (remote start) instead of the DISARM wire.
(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic