icon

this field going to hell? or is it just m

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
I make less $ than I did 10yrs ago when I had zero knowledge. Have a list of qualifications now that not many installers around here have. Please dont take that as being cooky, its just the truth. I cert, webasto roof installer, Well rounded rs/keyl/alrm installer & troubleshooter, window tint, lighting, audio, accessoy... Currentlu workin on basic fiberglass understanding. For the last 5 months I have been treated more and more like likes its my first day on the job and Ive never touched a tool in my life. I have been succesfull in my work more so than an of the other techs. Ive been called every name in the book, I was told watch how a real installer works when the hack from other shop came out, his r/s came back cus it wouldnt strt with k, his backl up mirror on a lincoln was back for a new windsheild, and his dsr returned cus he refuses to mnt antennas outside the car. He uses t-taps for all his inst, has had many cars towed back, nissan p2s have been hacked up so bad "tears up the cst prox key and solders a relay break onto the remote board , get the thing runun until its towed back. Dude spent 6 days on a mazda 6 p2s. i was asked to check it out.to cut all the crap (t)taps out and followed the instructions for prgramming. Yet hes still the authority on everything, and I dont know anything I have actually been told to just shut up and do wht a t im told. 2 weeks ago he ripped out a 2day build I had on old camper tore it out because I refused to let him put a 250A fuse in my 4gag wire runin to my 80amp isolator at the rear battery, then ripped my wires out that I ran half the length under the vehicle. they were loomed and ran inside frame rail, they were just fine. pet monkey couldnt get the floor up so know all my nice wire are ugly and runing down the middle of the carpet. told him the carpet should go up nice when all that 4gauge burns protecting that nice fuse. he didnt get it. but hes the best, sales reps are sellin us what they call 5 to 10 min install peices, now im an ass cus a salesman told him it was a 5min install, whn it works. Ive heard this 10 min crap a lot now and d2d that. Have yet to see one rep step up an get her done in ten mins tho. Im a huge pos cus i didnt have weblink 5.0 password, and we needed it to program the db-all bypass. Im making 11 an hour to deal with this, havent taken a lunch in 4 months, cant get tool reimbursments even when i find my crimps outside rusting. somehow my fault. this happening anywhere else? this guy has broke me down, ive lost all confidence in my abilities I hate this field. they hired another kid an pay him more cus hes got his basic MECP cert. he doesnt even know how to use a cs testlight. he has gone 4 weeks without writing me a check, claims he forgot. no one elses was forgot tho. Yet im easily responsable for 85% of the work. I mean is this happening anywhere else. Almost like srew the hard worker with experience, hes a moron. should i just go colombine?        I appologize about the size of the post, its 330am and im all kinds of exauhsted but i cant sleep. Ive found an add on craigslist for rs/audio installers its for my shop. Good now they can have two shops that seem to have more bcm and bypass issues. i have just managed
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
It's called progress.
And you ain't alone.
(It's called accounting or price-led business. It's combined with max profit which means cheapest "cost" but where sustainability is irrelevant (that's call a bail-out). And we want "yes" people - that means agreeing "yes" irrespective of related costs and disasters. We call the lot "quality management" & TQM [even though we break all the big "quality" rules] and our "cleverer new world".)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 5:05 AM / IP Logged  
Just like the job I held in July, I'm with you 100%. THERE ARE NO MARGINS ANY MORE EXCEPT LABOUR WHICH IS WHY YOU ARE BEING SHAFTED. Leave.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 5:09 AM / IP Logged  
That job, 4000 miles in 3 weeks and we're talking the UK here not Canada or Oz. One day 4 reversing aid installs, and each one with a front or rear roof mounted display, then 4:00ppm in the afternoon off to South London via the world's busiest express way, the next day, 120 miles to Ispwich in Suffolk for the first job, home at 9:00pm, I sued them in the end with phrases like "p**s-up" in a brewery.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic