icon

turn headlights on amp cut off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dadartdude 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 98 Nissan 200se that I have a system in that worked great until I installed an alarm in it. Now when I turn my headlights on the mid and highs amp shuts off. I think I need to put a relay in, but after reading about relays here at 12volt I am a little confused. Can someone help me with this problem? Here is every thing I have:

Kenwood KDC-X890 going to a Kenwood KAC-X542 and a Pioneer PRS-X720

The Kenwood KAC-X542 is powering two JL tweeters(don't know the model #'s) along with two Rockford mids(again no model # known) and a pair of MTX 6x9's

The Pioneer PRS-X720 is powering a pair of old school pair of Rockford Fosgate punch series 12's that I have running parallel and the amp is bridged

I also have two half farad caps, one for each amp

The alarm I have is a Microalarm  DLKEK8H  that I have hooked up to the parking/running lights,door switches,power locks, and a siren

I hope I have given enough info for someone to help me out.

Thank you in advance,

Darren

dadartdude 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  

I forgot to mention I also have a relay that I had laying around. Here is what it says on the top: MAS rel 40 12 vdc 12v 30/40A and the wires that are coming out of it are: 30=Yellow,85=Red,86=Black,87=Blue

Thanks again,

Darren

corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2011 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Just relocate your amps remote wire, It sounds to me that its tied into the lights system or you have something hooked up backwards. Your other amp turns on? If so just run them remote off that amp to the problem amp. Maybe get your car up to an electronics shop and have a experienced installer check it out.
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic