icon

prostart will not go into ready mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
travisp32 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2011 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I tried to install a prostart(same as a autostart) 2 way starter. I fiqure I have everything hooked up right. I did't install the clutch bypass switch yet but I know what I have to do with it. My brake switch works and my parking brake is also hooked up. Also, my tach wire is good. I changed it to the coil just to make sure and tested it with a multlimeter on dc. I plug the unit in and it fashes the park lights 4 times to say its in manual mode. My door switch is hooked up as well. I get in the car and start it. go threw the ready mode set up. On this unit its car in neutral, brake pedal pushed in, apply park brake, take foot off brake and push remote button to get into ready mode. The park lights don't come on to say you can turn if the car and it will stay running so you can get out and push the button again. I'm not really worried about the car starting yet. Would like just to get it to ready mode. The car shuts off everytime I try and get it to stay running to get out of car(using the the key). So, I'm kind of stuck. I know my brake and parking brake switchs work because I use them to set the box back into default setting. The unit flashes the park lights three times which is a start failure if I try and start it anyway with the remote. The unit is a prostart ct-3471tw which is made by auto start and I believe the number is AS-2371TW. It looks the same and the instructions are the same. The car is an 03 hyundai elantra GT with factory keyless entry. I don't believe it needs a key bypass. I have key in the ignition anyway. If I could get the car just to get into the ready mode, that would help a lot. I don't think it should matter to have the clutch bypass hooked up to try and get it to ready mode. Thanks for any advice anyone could share n this with me.
ht00124 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

Hi

I had the same problem with a CT 5072 prostart. I installed it on a 1999 Saturn SC2 and couldn't get it to go into ready mode. I checked and double checked all the wiring and connection and everything was good. After much trial and error and no help what so ever from Prostart, I discovered that I had to reprogram the Tach. The following is from the install manual for CT 5072....it my be the same for you, worth a try, hope it helps....

Multispeed Tach Programming Procedure

1. Enter programming mode ⎯ the parking lights will stay on for up to 20 seconds.
2. Before the lights go out, press and hold the brake pedal and press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons
simultaneously ⎯ Siren will chirp 4 times. At that point, release the brake pedal.
3. Start up the engine and allow the vehicle to reach regular engine idle speed.
4. Once the engine is running at normal idle speed, press the brake pedal and keep it down until you hear the
siren chirps 2 times.
5. Release the brake pedal ⎯the tach programming is now complete.

travisp32 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

I did fiqure it out. It was the tach programming. It never took, so I tried it again and is all good now. Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic