icon

corolla 2000 alarm second unlock wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mechanicalhobby 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I wired all the doors as instructed (temporarily before I solder the new wiring), and tested everything and it works like a charm!
Thanks so much for your help with getting these doors to finally work the way they should! I appreciate it a lot. I hope this thread will help others who are trying to get their doors to work also.
I've included a video of the results:
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/yIBue5WBHjk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/yIBue5WBHjk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
For the Windows, I'm going to test all the wires in a few moments to double check everything and will post the results of what I find.
mechanicalhobby 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
The video post didn't work. I'll try this:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yIBue5WBHjk?hl=en&fs=1" frameallowfullscreen></iframe>
Just in case it doesn't work, the link is:
Keyless Entry Results For Second Unlock
mechanicalhobby 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
I tested those wires on the White & Blue Plugs. None worked for the Windows. I blew a few fuses, had a wire hooked up to a constant with a fuse in between in the middle of the wire of 5 amps so that if I were to blow a fuse, I wanted it to blow the weakest one. Was that a good idea?
When I connected the Positive to each wire, every now again either nothing, or s speaker would crackle, or the fuse would blow. I'm thinking possibly the windows are wired else where.
For the Window Aux PURPLE / Black Wire, when I lock the vehicle, it releases a signal of 0.64v for approx 10 seconds then shuts off. Should that timing be efficient enough?
I did do some voltage testing on the Window Controls on the Driver's Door. With the test meter, I connected the Neg to ground, and Pos I would poke into each wire as I would open and close each individual window to determine which wire was for which. The results are:
corolla 2000 alarm second unlock wire - Page 2 -- posted image.
Would there be any other locations where I could control the windows through the wires?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
OK, you need to use a 529 for just close or a 530 for close and vent.
The PURPLE / black will be fine to trigger either of the above.
Those wiring connections seem correct but if you use a 530 (x 2) you will need to ignore the driver's door and go to each motor.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
That was a daft method by the way using a fuse, a test light as I suggested works better because the bulb "buffers" the circuit preventing component damage.
mechanicalhobby 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
That was a daft method by the way using a fuse, a test light as I suggested works better because the bulb "buffers" the circuit preventing component damage.
Yeah, I wasn't too sure about it, but didn't have any 12v bulbs on hand. I do have a test light continuity tester, though didn't try is as I didn't want to blow the bulb on that one as it runs from x2 AAA batteries.
Howie, what module would you recommend I get? The DEI 529 or 530?
I would order online so could take a few days before I can wire them in the vehicle. I found a DEI 530T, is this one the 530?
I was doing some searches on the net, and found some people say you need one for each door. Question is if that is true for either device?
I am leaning more towards the 530. Basically I want to be able to roll all the windows up at the same time when the alarm is armed. Would 1 device be enough for that?
Rolling down and vent is another neat feature, something my wife would like. So a 530 will probably be the one we get.
Do I need x2 of the 530? Or will just x1 of the 530 be okay? Is it 1 unit for up and 1 unit for down & vent?
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2011 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
The 529 simply rolls up the windows, one per two doors and two can go in the driver's door if space. Mount them in plastic bags facing down if possible between the damp shield and panel.
The 530 rolls up and vents, again one per two doors.
The correct place for a 530 is in the car then out to the motor wires in each door, that is between the door switches and the motor for correct operation, this will give you "one touch up and down" on all the switches.
DEI 529t and DEI 530t.
mechanicalhobby 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2011 at 3:39 AM / IP Logged  
Well, we're going to try to decide which one would be better for us. We are leaning more towards the 530.
For the doors, they works great when unlocking, and lock great. However, when we star the car, put it in drive and off handbrake, the doors lock automatically which was originally what we wanted. Then when we park the car, and turn the key off, only the driver's door unlocks. When I first wired this up without the progressive locking, it was a nice setup for all the doors to unlock at the same time when we stopped the vehicle. So now our passengers are left with their doors locked while the driver's is unlocked at park.
Do you know if there is a way to have all the doors unlock at the same time when we park and stop the car, or is this a standard feature in most modern vehicles?
Apart from that, it is great when locking and unlocking with the keyless. Having the driver's door unlock first before entering the vehicle is a good safety feature.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2011 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  
We need to find a wire that goes to ground for a second when you turn off the ignition and use that to parallel into the second unlock wire.
Of course with DEI products you can program one of the spare aux outputs for that. Off hand, I can't think of anything to do it. Except run a feed from the ignition 1 to a 528t timer relay set to 1 second and pulse that output to the 2nd. unlock, thus unlocking the whole vehicle as you turn off the key.
Thus:- unlock_with_ignition..bmp
mechanicalhobby 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2011 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
Had a bit of a delay in things after a snow storm. Things are getting to normal now though.
Thanks for the info and all your help, you're quite knowledgeable. I found a Directed DEI 528T. I'm thinking that is the correct device. Tomorrow I'm going to try and see if I can program some of the alarm settings first. If I can't get the locks to work that way, then I'll order the 528T and wire that up according to your wiring diagram you gave.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic