icon

xpresskit dlpkgm plug

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silverbullet555 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2011 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
I was prewiring my bypass module to my viper 5902 and when I went to get up, it went to fall of the table.
With my cat like reflexes, I grabbed it to keep it from falling. When I did, one of the wires broke the 18 pin white connector on the bypass module. Of course it is one of the few wires I am actually needing to use.
Any idea on where to get a new 14pin plug?
I don't know if DEI would sell me the plug since they really don't want DIYers doing their own installs.
James
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

Been there....xpresskit dlpkgm plug - Last Post -- posted image.

Some of the connectors have pins that can be easily removed.  Look for a row small rectangular cut outs on one side of the plug.  Using a thin knife blade apply gentle pressure to the metal tab inside of that opening of  the wire  you wish to remove.  Give the wire a pull ( or the connector a push from the pin side ) and it should come out.  Replace the bad one with another ( good ) one from another slot.  The wire color will be wrong but it will save the connector.

Soldering is fun!
silverbullet555 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
It broke the plastic unfortunately. But JB weld to the rescue.
I installed the plug, then put the wire in to the broken plug and then used some JB weld to hold the wire in and attach it to the surrounding wires. Since I will be taping it to the top of the unit I think I will be able to secure everything enough for it not to be an issue.
I'll call DEI on monday and see if they will send me a new plug. If not, I'll try it and see what happens.
James

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic