2006 is350 lock and unlock wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2011 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
I am installing a viper 5902 on my 06 Lexus IS350 this week, and from what I read on here and several other wiring guides (audiovox and bulldog), I had to go into the door to the lock switch for the lock and unlock wires. Well I wanted to go ahead and get that part out of the way before the alarm got here, because most of the other hookups will be around the driver kick panel and push to start button. Anyhow, when i took off my door to test/locate the white and blue wires that are listed as lock and unlock, I got some odd voltage readings that I have not come across on any of my past remote start installs (ive only done five).
The only blue and white wires that I saw (besides a thick blue constant 12V), were these tiny little wires, which i did trace to the lock motor...so they should be the right ones. But when I was cycling the lock/unlock button the voltage I was seeing on those tiny wires would go from like ~1.5 volts down to maybe 0.7 volts... does that sound right to you guys? both of the wires did fluctuate when I was locking and unlocking, but those voltages just seemed weird to me since I have only ever seen a +12V or ground on my last installs.
Thanks for any help
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2011 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  

You need to test the wires by unlocking and locking the door by using the key in the door, you cant test by using the lock and unlock button. These are a type B door locks so the wires should just see a ground when you turn the key in the door.

scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
jstruckman wrote:

You need to test the wires by unlocking and locking the door by using the key in the door, you cant test by using the lock and unlock button. These are a type B door locks so the wires should just see a ground when you turn the key in the door.

Thanks a lot, I tested them while cycling the key in the door and they appear to be the correct ones, they go go ground when the key is held at lock or unlock.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic