icon

Clarion tvx5653 2000 model wiring and acc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cj404 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2011 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  
Clarion TVX5653. I know this is an old unit, but I got it really cheap and it will serve my needs, problem is I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere. I even tried downloading user manual from Clarion, didn't have wiring or installation instructions. This is my first video hookup so I need these so I don't mess it up. Also wondering if I can still buy the A/V input wire Clarion model # CAA-389. I have the regular power harness with the yellow/RED / black wires, I know where they go but it also has other wires, that I don't know where they go. Also has several what looks like 1.5mm inputs or outputs on back of unit, not sure what they're for. Anyone have a wiring diagram or info where I can get it and buy the old accessories for it?
Thanks in advance.
performance713 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2011 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
found this online,,, see if it helps.
http://www.fixya.com/support/t7244630-need_know
im ( J ) and car audio is my thang.. and if i can help i will.
cj404 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Clarion tvx5653 2000 model wiring and acc -- posted image.
Clarion tvx5653 2000 model wiring and acc -- posted image.
That doesn't help, thanks though. I have a 12 pin connector, Red, yellow and black, I know what those are. I also have a solid blue (remote?), ORANGE / white stripe(illum.?), blue with yellow stripe?, and solid orange, I know they're not speaker wires, this uses the antenna in/out to pass sound to your head unit. I'm wondering which may be the park/brake safety, so you can't turn it on unless your car is in park. Also wonder what the four 1.5mm jack inputs/outputs may be for. I know the two larger ports, the 13 pin round one is for cd changer, the other round one is for A/V input wire CAA-389, which I also need but can't find online. Like I said its a Feb. 2000 model, so I can't understand why I cant find an install manual, or wiring diagram anywhere?
cj404 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
Correction: 3.5mm jacks - seen in left picture on bottom of unit.
performance713 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
red is for pawer that goes to the fuse panel
black is for the ground
yellow is a hot wire that goes to the main power or battery it should have a fuse in the line
blue is for power antenna if u need
blue and blue yellow speakers same with orange ,ORANGE / white
im ( J ) and car audio is my thang.. and if i can help i will.
cj404 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, apparently you didn't read anything I wrote or look at the pictures. I know what red, yellow, black, blue, and ORANGE / white are. No,ORANGE / white is not speaker its illumi./dimmer. Yellow is constant 12v with 15a fuse, Red is ignition. Yes, blue is antenna. I know this already. Sorry, when I wrote Blue / YELLOW, I meant blue/white, it is remote. I'm lost on the solid orange one. This is a stand alone TV unit that does not have speaker outputs on the harness, it uses the antenna in/out to play sound through 88.3 FM. Speakers on a standard harness would be f/l-white, f/r-gray, r/l-green, r/r-purple.
They're should be a parking brake wire and a reverse camera trigger wire, that's what I'm looking for.
I'm also lost with what the four 3.5mm jacks on the bottom right are for?
I appreciate you trying to help, but you're not.
If there's anyone on here that has a little experience with these I would appreciate your input.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic