icon

2012 honda civic remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2011 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Im still scratching my head, so hopefully somebody has come across this problem in the past.
Vehicle: 2012 Honda Civic Coupe
Remote Starter: Viper 5901
Bypass: Xpresskit DB-ALL (installed D2D)
The bypass programmed right in... Keyless, trunk release, door triggers, factory arm/disarm, and the transponder bypass is fully functional.
When the vehicle is remote started, the lights flash and the vehicle starts. Because I have it set to virtual tach, the lights take 15 seconds to turn on showing that the vehicle is remote started. Once they turn on, the vehicle shuts down after 15 seconds. Shutdown diagnostics says that the brake was pressed.
For doodies and giggles, I turned the parking lights on at the switch, and attempted to remote start the vehicle again. This time it stayed running for the default 12 minutes. I removed the fuse for the lights thinking there was a weird draw or something, but the same issue exists.
Any ideas before I try W2W? I verified this is a 2nd GEN unit, and it has been swapped out once already since I thought it was the typical Viper defect.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
I have tried several times to get this car to run tachless, everytime it does the same thing as yours. Run a tach wire and it works fine...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
I did try tach, since the DB-ALL provides it through the D2D port... Same thing. I just find it odd that it runs fine if the headlights are on. Maybe something to do with the lights triggering a different code through the can-bus? As I said above, the remote starter is thinking the brake pedal is being pressed, not that it was shut down by lack of tach signal. With the lights on, The brake pedal DOES shut the vehicle down ...
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
I usually always install DBI since we use AVOX, never had an issue like yours...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
muaiad97 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2011 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

hi

i had this problem with corolla 2009  i used vertual tech  after the problem started i just swiched from vertual tech to tech and it worked fine  with no any issue. i dont like vertual tech.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  

Nothin beats virtual, like actual...never done a remote start without an ACTUAL tach connection....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic