icon

problem with 2 way on prostart starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fullspectrum 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone...I recently installed a Prostart CT -3471TW 2 way remote starter in my 2007 Toyota Sienna. I used a Fortin Key Overide-All for the bypass module.
PROBLEM IS: Once the car starts if I'm anywhere but in the car... the 2 way confirmation on the remote doesn't work. It has no range for sending the confirmation back to the remote key fob for some reason. The distance for the remote start seems fine but it wont send me a signal that the car has started. The antenna wire is routed ok and antenna is in a good spot.
I programmed it in the options for the Fortin bypass. Expresskit is the default option. Does the bypass have anything to do with the "2way" function of confirming start on the remote key fob??? Can't seem to figure this out and it really sucks as I bought this for my wife who can't see her car in the parking lot at her work...Any help is appreciated.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Bypass has nothing to do with range of two way.  You say the antenna is mounted good, high on the windshield, clear of any tint or factory defrost/ant wires.  If you can movr antennat temporaraly outside of van and check range,  No improvment, then unit may be defective.  You might try reprogramming trnsmitter to unit again.
fullspectrum 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
lspker wrote:
Bypass has nothing to do with range of two way.  You say the antenna is mounted good, high on the windshield, clear of any tint or factory defrost/ant wires.  If you can movr antennat temporaraly outside of van and check range,  No improvment, then unit may be defective.  You might try reprogramming trnsmitter to unit again.
Thanks for the advice. The antenna is near the center top of the windshield. There is a factory tint strip and it comes down a little in the center where the mirror is. The tint in the center has these little raised dots. Is this the antenna for the factory remote? I put it just next to this. I'll try doing the other things you mentioned as well and post the results tomorrow night. Thanks for the help. I suppose in the worst case is my wife has to press the start button and just pray the car is warm when she gets there. LOL
fullspectrum 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to mention one thing. When I hooked up the data link cable from the Fortin bypass I cut the plug off and hardwired 12volts and ground rather than just plugging the data link cable directly from the starter module to the bypass module. Funny thing is the two way works sometimes when you are REALLY close to the antenna.
fullspectrum 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
I ended up returning the Prostart unit and got another one exactly the same. Seems to work now. Although the range is still farther for the transmit than receive signal. Does anyone know where the factory door lock antenna is on the van? Is it on the windshield??? I wonder if this is causing some interference??
muaiad97 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2011 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

this is normal  it says in the user guide sometimes missing start stop confirmation if u read the manual u will see it ther that is some of my costommer complain about that all u have to do push lock butten and wil refresh the screen .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic