icon

using lock wire to control window up/down

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2011 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome thanks a lot. This is what the manual says regarding the issue I am having with the shock sensor not triggering the alarm:
Shock sensor doesn’t trigger the alarm:
1. Was the onboard shock sensor adjusted before the brain was mounted? If so re-adjust the sensor.
2. Has the onboard shock sensor been turned off? The sensor has the ability to be turned off when
adjusting.
3. Has the NPC® system been triggered? If so, you hear 5 chirps when disarming. To check this, turn the
ignition key on and off to clear the NPC® memory, and then retest the shock sensor. For a detailed
description of NPC®, see Nuisance Prevention Circuitry section of the owners guide.
What are they referring to when they mention the "onboard shock sensor" is there a separate shock sensor built into the brain unit?   Also when you said tie the green to the blue earlier you were talking about the blue wire on the shock sensor harness right?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Had another look at the upload, appears to be no on board shock sensor, I notice two mux ports but neither will take a 508d, seems like the usual DEI policy of quality control down to the first users*, wonderful, that's why here in the UK we build lots of Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans but what ever happened to Rover?
Yes to the last question.
* Early 2 way remotes, internal relays, etc. etc.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2011 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
i went out and hooked the green wire to the blue, now it works correctly.
I had a question for you about the lock and unlock again for controlling the windows. The comfort closure works correctly and puts the windows up when i arm the system, but the window down using aux 1 output was showing some weird behavior. It would lower the windows using a validity output from aux 1, but when I pushed unlock it would also crack the windows. Is there a way to program or wire it differently to keep it from cracking the windows every time i disarm the system? Perhaps i need a diode in line?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2011 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
Can't help I'm afraid, did you program that aux as linked to disarm? Make sure it isn't.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2011 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Howie,
I was wondering if you could upload the manual for the smart start module to the forum. I would like to read through it before i commit to buying one.
I'd appreciate it greatly.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2011 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
Go to the Direchtecs.com site you don't need a password to access the Smart Start info.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic