2009 accord rear defroster

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznmax2k 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2011 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Everyone.

How can i turn my rear defroster on when I start r/s?. Do I have to connect any wire?. And if yes which one should i need to do on the accord 2009 with Compustar RF-2W9000-SS 2 Way LCD / FT-6200SS brain with Blade al? This is my first compustar install. Thank you all your suggestion.

Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2011 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
Im not sure about Compustar but I know with Viper (Dei), there is a wire that is the 2nd Status Output / Rear Defogger.  This wire has to be programmed to Rear Defogger and it supplies a -200ma when remote started and the temp is below 55 degrees.  As to how to install, I will leave that for the pros to answer
aznmax2k 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2011 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2011 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

I believe the Accord needs a latched defroster output.  The Menu Items to change are Group 3, Items 13 & 14 plus a POC wire to Type 17.  You will need  the OP-500 programmer to change the programming on a POC wire in the Special Option Groups.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
Or just turn one of your aux outputs to latched or your status (GWR) wire and then relay to the HRW hot wire.
N.B. Status output is safer unless you can link an aux to only activate whilst armed with engine running.
aznmax2k 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2011 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

I'll try it and will let you know about it.

Thanks all.

Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

I found this on another website for a 2010 accord, so Hopefully it will be the same for you're 09.  Just make sure you double check first.  Hope this helps.  Set the wire to latched.

straight off directechs, all the heated options.

Rear Defroster brown - latched driver dash fuse box, lt. green 33 pin plug, pin 6

Mirror Defroster orange (L), orange (R) + latched each front power window switch, gray 37 pin plug, pin 1

Left Front Heated Seat red (L), white (H) + latched driver seat heater switch, blue 6 pin plug, pins 3 and 6

Right Front Heated Seat green (L), purple (H) + latched passenger seat heater switch, white 7 pin plug, pins 4 and 7
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
if you power up the brown defrost wire, the side mirrors defrost as well. the heated seats just set it to low before leaving the vehicle.
you will need the op500 to get a defrost feature, such as Kregs mentioned.
Unfortunately, its not a defaulted feature for the compustar. the aux is an option, but you will need to trigger it after the ignition is turn on or it wont activate. i have tried using the status and it does not work. i know for sure as i wrote the how to guide in downloads for the 09 accord, and i own one as well.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
Welcome back Ted.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
Times two on that !!  Hello, Mr Ted !!  2009 accord rear defroster -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic