icon

Diamond Audio opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2003 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

I am redoing my set up and this time I am going to use Diamond Audio amps  to power it  http://www.diamondaudio.com/MobileAudio/index.cfm?page=Amplifiers  I plan on using a D7104 (100 X4rms @ 4 ohm)    to power my mids and highs, which will consist of MB quart QSD 216 for the fronts and DTC 169 for rear fill. I will use (2) D7401 (bridged 800 X1 @ 2 ohm) to power my (2) Eclipse 88120ti subs. I know Diamond Audio's  reputation but wanted to know if anybody had anything positive or negative to say about there amps.

tfrggy2003 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2003 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Not bad amps at all. They have clean power which is very important. I have had several friends who have used them in various installs and were very happy with them. i Think you will be pleased with them.
Save the Drama
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2003 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
very solid amps...nice sounding and they dont look too bad either...you will not be disappointed if SQ is what you are looking for...
if you have some extra cash to lay down, take a look at the TDX woofers...I think you would be surprised...IMO they are cleaner and louder than the Eclipse ti subs...
ergoaudio 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2003 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
we sell diamond at my shop and it simply blows everything away.  the new tdx woofers are the meanest things i have ever seen.  the d7 series amps are bad a** units and a beautiful amplifier at that.  i agree with Big Purds... swap out your eclipse subs for the tdx series and while you are at it you should check into their hex series components sets!  hope this helps!
If your ears aren't bleeding... it's not loud enough.
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2003 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
the QSDs are nice speakers, and the Hex speakers are nice as well...
they are a different sounding set of comps, and I am not sure if someone who prefers the Quart sound would really like the Hex sound...they are both awesome speakers, but it boils down to personal taste...I for one am not a huge fan of the Quarts, but I prefer a different style of sound, and I cant knock Quarts speakers, because they are a really good speaker when all is said and done...
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2003 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all your opinions I had my hart set on these amps but just wanted to know everyone’s opinions. I have not had a chance to hear their subs yet but I will defiantly do so. I’m looking for something that is clean but loud and I feel that these amps will give me what I'm looking for.
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2003 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
I would buy them and probably never look back...its hard to really "upgrade" from those amps, because they are at a plateau with alot of other companies right now...and the next upgrade from them IMO is almost not worth the money that is costs...hard to justify...
how many guys out there are running Brax or Mark Antony or McIntosh? probably not too many...
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2003 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
I personally have 2 D5 series amps, a 600.2 and the 300.2 and these are the best amps i have ever owned. Amps are extremely clean and put out loads of power, plus have great styling. I've heard the TDX subs and them things give you no mercy. I dont think Diamond makes a bad product as i use all their entry level stuff, CM3 series 10" subs, 5X7's in the doors and M6 series tweeters in my a pillars of a 93 Ford Explorer and the sound from my "little" system really blows peoples minds. Cant go wrong with Diamond so go for it and be extremely happy as i have been.
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2003 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
I am defiantly going to be getting them in the next few weeks or so  and am sure I will be happy with them, but dose anybody have anything negative to say about them ?
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2003 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
well, if u want a negative, the only thing I can think of is the price...
you made me strain to come up with that bberman, I hope you are happy! ;)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic