icon

viper 350, s10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
earl lewis 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2011 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
 i am installing a viper 350 alarm on my s10, i did NOT hook up the STARTER DISABLE, OR the DOOR TRIGGERS,  but im having trouble with the voice module (516U) , when i start the car, it says viper armed, and when i shut the car off, it says viper disarmed!! then when i press the remote, it just chirps? but when i disconnect the yellow wire ( i have the yellow wire from the alarm, connected together with the yellow from the voice module,  connected in the fuse box , in the ignition fuse, (the hot side) .. but when i  disconnect the yellow wire from the ignition fuse,  and i press the alarm remote , it  works fine, arm amd disarm, and touch the body , it says "PROTECTED BY VIPER STAND BACK", it works great, but  when you start the vehicle, all power is lost, alarm is dead. BUT I have all the other wires connected, IhaVE THE RED WIRE RUN TO THE BATTERY, ITS GROUNDED,THE BROWN WIRE IS CONNECTED TO THE SIREN, THE WHITE WIRE IS CONNECTED TO THE  PARKING LIGHTS,  THE BASIC ALARM WORKS, JUST NOT THE VOICE MODULE. I DID NOT HOOK UP A DIODE  IN BETWEEN THE ORANGE WIRE OF THE ALARM AND THE VOICE MODULE!! THE MANUAL RECOMMENDED IT?? COULD THIS BE MY PROBLEM?? I REALLY DID NOT WANNA HOOK UP THE STARTER DISABLE, AND THE PIN SWITCHES??? PLEASE HELP, THANKS EARL ...
earl meister
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
Do the pin switches and the diode, you will need the diode for the starter disable.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
If you aren't connecting the starter disable relay, then you won't need the diode, simply carry the orange from the alarm to the orange from the 516U, this is a pretty straight procedure, recheck your wiring, i think you have a fault somewhere, recheck your ground first.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
birdman41 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2011 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  
Just get a 508D sensor and forget the 516U..keep it easy
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2011 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  
X 2 with Birdman although from experience.
BY THE WAY, DOING A POST LIKE THIS MAKES IT VERY HARD TO READ AND UNDERSTAND.
earl lewis 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2011 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
I appreciate the help guys, i got it  hooked up, when you press  to  arm it, it says "Viper  armed", and you can lightly tap the glass, fender, etc, and it beeps 3 times and says "Protected By Viper Stand Back".  Everything seems  to be workig properly, But every other day, when i disarm it, the alarm goes off, as soon as  i press the disarm button, (AND IM NOT ACCIDENTLY PUSHING THE PANIC BUTTON ).   Any button i press, will  not disarm it?? so i unlock the door and put  the key in the ignition and start the vehicle, (STARTER DISABLE RELAY IS NOT HOOKED UP) , and the engine starts, and the alarm  is off.  And later i come outside , and press the arm button, and it arms , and i can come back in an hr, and  press the disarm button, and it disarms,, it works fine, but the next time, it does the same old episode??? when i  was wiring it up, i cut the orange wire, from the Starter Disable Relay, and taped it up, and hooked the orange wire from the 516u  to the orange wire on the main harness, there was a  heavy black ground wire built in the starter disable relay, does that need to be grounded??  Even though the starter disable relay is not hooked up??? Thats strange how it works good, one day, and the next, you disarm it, and the alarm goes off?? and i press every button on that remote, even the panic button, no button shuts it off???? strange?
earl meister
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2011 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
For starters remove the actual relay and see what happens (excuse the pun).
This is the relay wiring:-
Orange wire from Viper, join to 516.
After the join insert a 1N400diode, band towards alarm then extend to relay 85.
Ignition (ignition 1, stays live during cranking), joined to Viper yellow to relay 86.
Cut starter wire, key side to 87a, starter motor side to 30. 87 not used.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2011 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Have you connected the door triggers yet?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic