icon

viper 791xv no reply from main unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scout238 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2011 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys looking for some help... and I couldn't find a solution searching.
Car: 99 Olds Cutlass
Alarm: Viper 791xv which was pulled from my other car and WORKING properly when pulled. I did the install on that car too.
I got the alarm all hooked up and everything seems in order so far, but when I go to program the remote I get no response from the brain. The remote simply reports the out of range tone. I have tried both of the remotes I have, but it doesn't make a difference.
I am entering the program mode and receiving the "short" chirps and 1 light flash for program mode #1 as per the manual. So I don't think that is the issue.
I have tried checking the fuses (all good), pulling power and shorting out all pins of the main harness(found on another thread), disconnect battery and let sit. So far nothing! Unit is still unresponsive. Please help!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Check you ground connection and make sure it is a good, low chassis ground with the paint scraped (as to not interfere with the ground). Once you have verified that, then check through you entire antenna wire with a close look and see if there are any breaks or kinks in the wire that may indicate a bad wire. Finally try it with the end of the remote physically touching the antenna and see if you get anything then. If not, I would try to get your hands on another antenna and try it.
Also verify all your power connections with a meter, not just visually checking the fuses.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
birdman41 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2011 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
Double check and make sure aaa battery in remotes are fully charged. Another thing to try is put alarm in valet mode and get to the program menu to re assign remotes to the unit.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic