icon

2000 buick park lights not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ushank 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2011 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2000 Buick Park Avenue and the park lights just quite working.  I have a viper alarm hookeed up and the park lights work when i use the alarm.(arm disarm panic & so on )  They dont work off the switch or the automatic on function of the car.  The dash lights, park lights, & the under the hood light must all be on the same circuit, because they all just quite, but flash as long as the alarm supplies the power.  The grey/black wire on the switch hareness shows 12volt until the switch is pulled to the on postion, then goes dead, nothing.  I replaced the switch and LCM but nothing.  Please help!!

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 08, 2011 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Have you checked for a blown fuse?  Did you install an aftermarket radio?
ushank 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2011 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
No blown fuses, yes I do have an aftermarket radio but i didnt connect the illumination wire. Checked everthing I could think of, even looked for relays, but not a one.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 11, 2011 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

If this happened just after the radio install, unhook the radio and see if your lights begin to work.  If this allows the lights to work again, notice the wire color of the vehicle that you have connected to the ground wire of the aftermarket radio.

heath beck 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2011 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a aftermarket radio yesterday in a 2000 lesabre. the dash lights did not work after the install.  has anyone ever heard of this problem ? The dimmer switch also has 12  volts in the slider position but when in full "ON" position it has it has no volts at all. Sounds very similar to this topic as well.  thanks
ushank 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2011 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
That wire is a signal wire it's,operating like its supposed too. Try unhooking the radio to see if they come on, because it sounds like the ground wire is crossed.(If using a harness on the factory plug could be a wire in the wrong location)
ushank 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2011 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
I'm talking bout like metra or any other type of harness that,wires up then plug in,the car. My problem was a bad BCM.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic