custom ignition

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dx7brian 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2011 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
Ok attempt #2
Hi there everyone, so I have one simple (I hope) question about a motorcycle ignition.
I thought I would give a little back ground info first and then ask my question.
Info:
My friend and I are building a custom bobber bike from the ground up. It started it's life as a 1975 Honda CB 500 T. It's been raked a lil and has no rear suspension, rat rod theme, brass and black hose look, with almost zero wires exposed. The seat will be exposed and will have it's own suspension, the batt and electronics will be in little box sitting along the bottom of the frame just in front of the rear fender. Were trying to go with something cool and exciting. We don't want to go with a plain key ign.
An alarm could be installed but not ness, want to hide it completely or expose it if it's worth exposing. Our budget is not to big, and whatever is used here will be deducted from somewhere else.
Question: what kind of ignition would you use or know of, that's looks cool or could be hidden?
Than you very much for all your help in this matter
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
CDI with plug-top coils should be small (whilst offering the best commonly available ignition - ie, CDI), not that I know what is available from shops etc.
dx7brian 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I guess I was not specific...my bad.
When I posted "ignition" I did not mean plugs, wires, coils, distributor, etc...
What I meant was The ignition key and ignition lock
We don't want to use a traditional key sticking out the side of the bike. We are building this bike from the ground up, and are looking for options to make this bike stand out from the usual.
Are there any nice looking keys or is there something else that could be used as a replacement for a key?
Thank you
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2011 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
hi,
something like this: http://bulletproofelectronics.com/arseHOME.htm
never seen it in operation nor in person, so can't give an opinion.
mark
jagadeesh 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
use blank key fob which is available in e bay from any of the central lock key fobs, after selecting the key fob of your liking, remove the blank key and replace with yours, hope this helps to stand out from normal key.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
check out digitalguarddog.com. Its a 100% keyless ignition system that uses an RF tag. Just keep the RF tag in your pocket, hop on the bike, flip the kill switch, and start it up. I'll be picking one up for my bike shortly.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
check out digitalguarddog.com. Its a 100% keyless ignition system that uses an RF tag. Just keep the RF tag in your pocket, hop on the bike, flip the kill switch, and start it up. I'll be picking one up for my bike shortly.
DEI has released a PKE unit($79.95 retail). Not a true ignition system, just thought i would add... 2101T is the Model #, i think...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic