icon

Viper 5901, Parking Lights Not Coming On

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clutchitup23 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2011 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
I have the viper 5901 alarm/remote start on my acura integra, just recently i noticed when remote starting my car that the parking lights no longer come on when i remote start the car. I have the 1 way remote only and several times while my keys are in my pocket buttons are being pushed on the remote making all kinds tones. So my questions are how can i lock my remote while its in my pocket and why would my parking lights no longer respond when i remote start the car?
clutchitup23 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2011 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
Update- So I thougt i would add that i checked two 30A inline fuses on the alarm wiring and they were both good, I also checked the small fuse thats in the BCM and it too was good. Ive read others who have had similiar issues after the battery drained and mine recently went dead while i was tinting my windows and thats around the time i noticed my lights stopped coming on. Please any help would be greatfully appreciated
birdman41 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2011 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
do the parking lights flash when you arm/disarm the system? Perhaps there is a problem with one of the accessory wire connections that also trigger the parking lights.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2011 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged  
Isn't there somewhere in the programming where you can make the R/S on the remote work only on two or more presses?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2011 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  
look at the brain, pop open the little cover towards one side of the brain. the 10amp fuse probably blew.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

do the parklights still work on the vehicle??  if they do then the parklight fuse on the Viper is probably blown.... (Double check your polarity connections, as i've never had that fuse blow on me)

yes you can program "keypad lock ON"    RTFM... i cant remember how off the top of my head....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
clutchitup23 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
The parking Lights do not respond when arming or disarming either, I checked the small fuse in the brain and it looked fine. Also when i would exit the the car with it running and i would press the remote start button my dash/ clock light would flash a couple times letting me know the car was in turbo timer mode and they dont respond either so im lost on what to check next?
birdman41 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 3:50 AM / IP Logged  
Do your parking lights work period when you turn them on at the light switch? If not..your vehicles park light fuse is blown. If not..check the parking light wire on the viper 5901 main harness.. it is the solid white wire and it will have a fuse link in it also. If your Integra is an after 1994 model.. the park light wire of your vehicle is red with black stripe..green plug above fusebox. Check to make sure the connection is in tack and that your polarity jumper on the 5901 brain is set to the positive+ position. If all else fails..sounds like you changed the programming option for the lights through your remote..since you said the buttons get pushed in your pocket. In Programming Menu 3-Remote start for programming parking lights-check this...
MENU 3-12 Parking Lights: Constant (1) Flashing (2) OFF (3): In the default setting, the parking lights (if connected) comes on solid during the remote start runtime. In the two- flash setting the parking lights flashes during the remote start runtime. In
the OFF setting, the parking lights do not come ON or flash, when the vehicle is remote started.
You can download the install manual to read up on this if you want and check for further detail. Click on downloads..for category select car security tech tips, and type in key word 5901
Hope this helps and you figure it out.
clutchitup23 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot for your information, I appreciate all the detail youve given. Ill check my programming and the above stated wire connections. Ill post back after checking things out hopefully with a solution.
clutchitup23 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Update- So i reprogrammed the remote start so the parking lights stay on when the car is running and they still didnt come on, I got a random idea to push my hazards button to check if my lights flashed on and off properly, they worked normal and then i tried remote starting the car and the parking lights activated and stayed on as they did originally. I can only guess my flasher relay was stuck or frozen up since its been really cold lately. Thanks for all your time and input, everythings works great again.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic