icon

amp will not turn on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
royalfam 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
alright so I have Two 10 inch CW series massive audio subs, 600w RMS each and a p1000.1 massive audio amp. the subs are wired at 2 ohms. The system was running fine til about a week ago when the amp started going into protect when i turned the HU on, and now it wont even go into protect or turn on at all. I unplugged the speakers and RCAs leaving only the Negative and positive and remote, still does the same thing, tried it with RCAs and Speakers plugged in, same thing. when i do a jump from the 12v to remote it turns on but goes into protection. i replaced the remote wire and ground wire along with changing my ground connection spot, and it still wont turn on. I checked the fuse in the deck and that was still good. My amp doesnt have an outside fuse that i can check but I hooked my amp up too a friend of mines system, Two 12inch hifonics brutus subs and it bumped like normal, so its not my amp, my inline fuse by the battery still shows the voltage(its digital) but i cant see if its blown. Would the fuse still turn on if its blown? I have a huge feelings its my inline fuse but im not sure. and my ground and positive wires are 4 gauge, the remote is 18 or 16. I also dont have a DMM right now so thats outta the question.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Without a DMM, there is not really much we can do for you.  Or at least not much I can do for you.
royalfam 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like ill be getting one tomorrow then lol. ill post results when I can.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like its the fuse, and yes the voltage display will still work if the fuse is blown depending on how the voltage display is wired. by jumping the remote to the +12v on the amp you fed the amp power from the remote wire's circuit but it still isnt enough for it to operate so it goes into protect. if your main fuse is an AGU type ( cylinder glass fuse) then it can look like its still good but be blown. if you are using an ANL type fuse then you might have a loose connection.
birdman41 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2011 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged  
Get a volt meter and probe the red positive lead on the 12v connection of the amp and ground the black lead..see if you're getting 12v. If not, there is either a loose connection between the amp and battery, or the fuse is gone. If the amp is going into protect mode, sounds like the speakers and rcas are wired wrong. It may have worked initially, but over time it will wear down the amp and shut it down.
royalfam 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
So i found out what it was. My ground connection was bad. i grounded it to a seat bolt the second time, which was touching metal, but behind that metal was some sort of wood or something. So after replacing every wire and fuse, i drilled a whole into the chassis and sanded it down, amp turns on, speakers work. SMH lol. Live to learn ehhh.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic