icon

00 expedition subwoofer replacement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jbird80 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
Project : wife's 2000 expedition xlt.....I just installed the kenwood kdc248u and now I'm going to junkyard today to pull the factory sumwoofwr box and amp from a MACH equipped expy. I'm going to assume the sub is junk and amp is 50/50 that it works. what would be some speaker options and amp options? Not looking to rattle mirrors or anything crazy , but something that sounds good with rock / pop / country. any input is welcome....THANKS
Thanks!!!!
jseibold 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
I would look into aftermarket options instead of trying to go with the factory sub and amp that you plan on getting from the junk yard.  It will not be easy getting your Kenwood head unit to work with that factory sub amp if your Expy didn't have one.  MTX used to make a a sub enclosure that was specific to your Expedition.  I don't do any retail car audio anymore these days but believe me you're better off going aftermarket.  Try looking around online. 
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  

If the speaker surround is still in tact, you need to at least listen to the speaker/enclosure combination.  If you put a decent amplifier on it, you will be surprised at what it can do.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic