camry 2003 pkall

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
patrick_0207 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I installed a viper 5301 on my 2003 4 cyl camry and I can't seem to figure out how to program the PKALL.
I located the key sense wire and the tx/rx wires. Connected the PKALL to the viper using D2D. I also made sure to insert both connectors before the LED turns on. After inserting the key in the ignition, the LED remains steady.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  

There was a change going on with the transponder at that time.  It is possible that you have an different setup in your car.

What colors are the RX & TX wires you connected to?  If they are as listed below, you should wire differently.
RX = Pin 4 RED / Blue
TX = Pin 5 Blue / YELLOW
The PKALL is actually a Fortin Key-Override-All with DBI D2D.  Here is a link to the Fortin install guide for a 2003 4 Cylinder Camry.
The wire colors might be different on the PKALL but the name and pin position will be the same.
https://ifar.ca/download/708/key-override-all_toyota_camry_%282003-2004%29.rev-a.pdf

If your TX and RX colors are as below, you have the right wiring setup.

2003 - 2006
RX = Pin 4 GREEN / WHITE
TX = Pin 5 Blue / YELLOW

Soldering is fun!
patrick_0207 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
They are wired as:
Key Sense = Blue (Next to WHITE/ black wire)
RX = Pin 4 GREEN / WHITE
TX = Pin 5 Blue / YELLOW
While running --> Blue/white on viper aux remote harness (status output)
The wiring diagram included with my bypass module was different
http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=6226&productid=196&firmwareid=1636
The one you sent me requires cutting wires at the ignition barrel whereas the one I got only requires connecting 3 wires to the ignition barrel. I bought the PKALL because I read in this forum that it is much easier to install on toyotas.
Thanks!
patrick_0207 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

There was a change going on with the transponder at that time.  It is possible that you have an different setup in your car.

What colors are the RX & TX wires you connected to?  If they are as listed below, you should wire differently.
RX = Pin 4 RED / Blue
TX = Pin 5 Blue / YELLOW
The PKALL is actually a Fortin Key-Override-All with DBI D2D.  Here is a link to the Fortin install guide for a 2003 4 Cylinder Camry.
The wire colors might be different on the PKALL but the name and pin position will be the same.
https://ifar.ca/download/708/key-override-all_toyota_camry_%282003-2004%29.rev-a.pdf

If your TX and RX colors are as below, you have the right wiring setup.

2003 - 2006
RX = Pin 4 GREEN / WHITE
TX = Pin 5 Blue / YELLOW

Thanks a lot!
Just wired it according to the above diagram and it works flawlessly!
Something else I noticed is whenever I leave my headlights on "auto" mode. If I turn on my car with the remote starter and the starter times out. The headlights stay on.
Is there any way to get them to turn off?
Usually whenever I turn off my car (using the key in the ignition) the headlights turn off 5 seconds after I lock the car.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2012 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

Try connecting the Vipers  Rearm output to the Camry's Driver Door Trigger.  

H2/2       LIGHT GREEN / WHITE             (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM ARM OUTPUT

DRIVER DOOR TRIGGER IS RED / GREEN(-) AT LOWER LEFT OF THE FUSEBOX.  Here is a picture : http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/Images.asp?ImageID=1082&link=Bulldog

Soldering is fun!
new12 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2013 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
where are these wire located? I've tried to install my 2004 camry today but can't find these 2 wires when installing XK05-PTI bybass module.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
New12 you most likely do not have a transponder. Most 4 cylinder Camrys in those years did not come with them. If you do not have a transponder right at the ignition switch then no need for a bypass. My 04 Camry 4 cylinder did not have a transponder.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic