icon

power probe discussion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
Twice today. Did a reversing aid on a Chevy/Daewoo 4 x M6 inside and now no knuckles either + 10 x 7mm outside, that's just the bits behind the rear wheel arch, plus another 5 Philips and 4 push-ins!
Never ever seen such a fiddly car.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Ordered up a circuit buddy and it was shipped out today. Should have it Tuesday. Is it wrong to get excited over new tools?!?! haha
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
No sir! New tools, a nice Shepherd puppy or a new woman, what excitement!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Got my circuit buddy today. Can't wait to do my next starter.. haha. But that might be a few days. I'm in the process of putting a complete new heating system in my garage. My uncle-in-law gave me an almost new 95% efficient 80,000BTU forced air furnace for free so I'm converting it to propane and setting it up in the garage. Should be a nice addition over the crappy (and very inefficient) electric heater.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  
I have a multimeter I use 100% of the time on customer vehicles, but I have an actual power probe brand power probe I use exclusively on my 68 beetle I am rebuilding because I am not to concerned about tripping an air bag or a computer lol. Its real useful when I am testing things like lights and switches on that car. With that said I could use it on customer vehicles being they have breakers built into them, they have a meter and they have the test lights on them, however I don't like the amount of wire that they have connected to them, gets in the way half the time.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 3:37 AM / IP Logged  
I tend to feel that for experienced pros, there's no right or wrong.
With due precautions, e.g. I will use a DMM if I suspect I'm probing a DATA wire, use what you are used to.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic