icon

viper 5904, viper 530t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtinctelise 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2012 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Viper 5904.  It comes with the status LED built into the antenna unit.  I want to also place an additional blinking "ON" status LED in the dash.  To what wire can this external LED be connected to so that it blinks when the system is armed.  We prefer not to try tappling into the antenna's ribbon cable.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2012 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Viper 5904 unit connected to two 530T window control modules.  Both window control modules are wired together to control all 4 windows.  (Orange wires tied together for rolling up the windows and RED / white tied together to crack or roll down all windows together).  With the 5904 unit I have it wired to the Aux 1 channel.  I have been having random issues with controlling the cracking vs completely rolling the windows down.  When I press the Aux 1 button briefly, sometimes it will crack the window as expected and other times it will roll the window down all the way unintentionally.  My guess is the output pulse on Aux 1 is staying ON for too long. 

We have not used the bit writter to set the pulse time to 1 second (which looks to be the minimum time) because we think that is what the default time is.  Can anyone confirm or add anything?  We have never had these issues with older Viper security systems.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
The LED problem can be over come but you have to cut in to the wires, I might post the tech sheet here.
The problem is the way DEI internally programs their aux outputs. There's no time limit when you have it in momentary (pulse mode).
You have to hold the button for 1.5 seconds before it reacts, try using another aux, it might make a difference.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

If you could post the LED tech sheet that would be great!

I think that Aux 1 - 4 will work identically.  I did also try the standard Aux output and it has the build in delay (so it is not bumped on) and I had similar issues with it.  In fact that was even harder becuase you had to hold in the button for around 2+ seconds to crack the window and even longer to have the window go all the way down.  There did not seem to be any notification that the output was sent on the remote so it was hard to know when to release it.  So i think i need to stick with Aux 1 - 4 outputs which all appear to work identically.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Already done, Manuals/Downloads section, under alarm manuals, enter LED to search.
As far as I'm aware only Clifford G5 have "instant" aux outputs, why in heavens name the other brands don't is beyond me, it's so stupid, sit there holding the button for two seconds waiting for trunk release etc.
P.S., use a 2.5volt LED (most are) and wire it in series if you are going to keep the original.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Howie!

I am keeping the original LED.  So I need to wire the new one in series?  So I would cut the pink wire and connect both ends of it to the new LED right?

2nd question:

On the 530T question where it is rolling the windows down instead of only cracking them.  Do you have any other ideas why the pulse would be too long?  This has never been an issue on other Viper alarms in the past we have installed.  I am thinking that I might try to add a delay circuit in line to cut the output pulse in half.  That would be my last resort, but I am determined to make it function properly.  Do you have any ideas or know of any other settings to reduce the initial output pulse?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Question one yes.
Question 2 sorry, no idea.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
Looking at your posts again, leave the "vent" aux output on momentary, not timed which is what I assume you mean by pulse.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

Howie,

The options for Aux 1-4 outputs are as follows:  I think I need to use "Validity" because I need to be able to send a short signal or pulse first for cracking the window, and then an extended signal, which will roll the window down if desired.

< lang=KO size=2 face=Futura-Book>< lang=KO size=2 face=Futura-Book>

Aux 1 Output Type (H2/13 wire)

1. Validity: when the Aux command is received the wire will turn on and remain on until the command ceases

2. Latch: when the Aux command is received the wire will turn on and remain on until the command is received again

3. Latch/reset/Ignition: when the Aux command is received the wire will turn on and remain on until the command is received again or the ignition is turned on/off

4. Timed: when the Aux command is received the wire will turn on for the programmed time duration (default 30sec)

5. Off: the output will not activate for a remote control command, use this option when the Aux command controls an external device such as a garage door module

6. 2nd unlock: the wire will operate as 2nd unlock and will not activate for remote control commands

The available settings for the bitwritter, menu option 4 are:

< lang=KO size=2 face=Futura-Book>< lang=KO size=2 face=Futura-Book>

4. Aux 1 Timed Output: sets the output duration in 1 second intervals up to 90 seconds for Aux 1

But if I use a 1 second Timed output would it work properly with both crack and then roll-down if you hold the button on the remote down continuously?  I only ask because I dont have a bitwriter and would need to make a trip into the Viper dealer to test it.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
Actually it's much simpler than you think, you're over-analysing it.
Leave it in default (momentary) mode, 1.5 secs. to vent, then another 1.5 secs to open.
That's it. RTFM
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic