the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 ford escape remote start / add key?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ivebeenthere 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  

What's happening here?

2008 Ford Escape Manufacturing date 07/07. Vin confirmed it was an 08.

Had a customer with a remote head IKT key that worked up until two days ago. He said it had remote start function. He went to push the lock button on the remote twice, to start the car, but it didn't start. Is that suppose to start these vehicles? He demonstated how he could also push the door lock button twice and the car started. First one I've come across.
He used the mechanical portion to open the door and then tried to start the car by turning the ignition and it wouldn't start.
Next he told me he took it to the dealer and they couldn't get the key to program back in. Nothing worked. They said the dash lights were just going crazy and flashing. They ended up cloning one so he would have at least an extra key. ( Not remote head IKT) They were also able to start the car just by pushing the actual door lock button twice.

Is this how the factory remote works or is there an after market in there somewhere? I  looked under the dash but didn't see anything that looked like aftermarket.

I checked the IKT remote head key for a transponder and there wasn't any signal. "No transponder detected".

I tried adding a standard transponder key but kept getting the message "incorrect incode".

Anyone run across one like this?

Johnny

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  
looks like a starter unit add on. probably one installed somewhere in the vehicle.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
danmc85 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  

It is the option for the factory remote starter, I have the installation manual for it as I used it back when I installed a Python 990 in my 2008 escape as I bought it when it was first released and directechs and alike had no wiring information for it. Fortunately, I was able to get a hold of the ford factory remote start wiring which listed all the remote start wiring, just as directechs would have.

It sounds like he just had the actual ford remote starter put in and maybe it stopped working or the key came unprogrammed.

Have him try reprogramming it, if it is anything like programing a bypass module. 

Put in KEY 1, turn car to on but not start it, wait until red security light goes out. Within 5 secs put in spare KEY 2, do the same thing, then take KEY 2 out and try to remote start the car the way he normally would within 5 seconds.

- Dan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic