odd problem with idatalink module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys,

back in november I installed a viper 5904 on my 06 lexus IS350 with an idatalink module to handle the bypass.  The combination works, but only about 2/3 of the time.  The other 1/3 of the times I remote start the car, the car will not start but the radio will come on (nothing else).  This is weird because there are no hard wired accessory, starter, or ignition outputs from the remote starter, so I don't know why just the radio comes on.  Anyhow, I am trying to figure out what might be causing the car not to start some of the time, but work perfectly other times.  On my main 2 way viper remote it will give me a LOW BATTERY alarm when the remote starting fails, which I cannot really find any info on in my install manual that howie uploaded to the forum for me.  Have any of you guys ran into issues like this before? 

I am thinking it might be an issue with the idatalink module, and I am about to try the PKALL and see if that fixes the issue.   On a side note, I do not have a very large power wire supplying power to the viper unit, it is maybe a 14 awg, but I figured since the bypass module is handling all the remote start sequence via the MUX wires in the push to start button I would not need much amperage going to the unit.  Perhaps that could be causing the LOW BATTERY alarm when the remote start fails?

scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  

I forgot to mention, i did run the power wire for the viper straight to the battery, i know you guys always recommend that so...

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
increase crank time to 1.5 seconds in options.
you wont have an issue with over crank as its pts
my friend has the same issue with a mazda 3 pts.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~130154~PN~1
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
Also, check the ground connection. I've seen a few loose or "bad" grounds give that low battery signal.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys, i will give those a shot
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Post your results scam404. Did the same exact car and recently started doing this . Removed the whole system to try to troubleshoot so imback at square 1
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
well, its only been a few days, but the issue seems to be fixed after i changed the engine checking mode to voltage and changed the cranking time to 1.4 seconds. I have remote started it about 10 times since then and it has worked perfect every time. crossing my fingers that it is fixed now. I will post up if it isnt.
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
Believe something went wrong with my datalink bypass. The bypass isnt "pressing the start button" Mine doesnt even get to the start sequence. Flashes green during remote start like it should and shuts off once it"thinks its started" like it should. Connection was good and solidered. Not sure what happened. Hopefully once i replace it, it will be fixed. Never had one go bad though.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic