dei viper 5901 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
etang789 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 3:42 AM / IP Logged  
hodag wrote:

Hi etang789, not sure if you ever got a response to your sensor question.  I recently purchased a 5704 viper alarm and while researching wire connections, ran across your post.  I put in a 791xv alarm several years ago and found my old install manual.  That manual talks about the extra green wire as used for adding on a dual stage sensor.  Just ignore it from what I can tell.  Hope that helps.

What about that loop wire? Im assuming that you can wire this shock sensor as a Dual Stage or just as a Single Stage sensor to the 5704 brain.
hodag 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  

from what I can tell, the dual stage they are referring to relates to adding a second sensor...such as a proximity sensor.  From info I found elsewhere online, the plug end where the green wire loops back into the blue wire should be plugged into the sensor.  The end with the free green wire should be plugged into the brain.  This allows for both the warn away chirp for light vibration and full alarm for hard vibration.  If you reverse the cord (green loop at brain), you lose the warn away chirp for light vibration from the sensor.  If you are adding a second sensor, then what it appears you do is take both the green and blue wires from the second sensor and connect them both to the free green wire mentioned previously.  A red and black would also plug into the second sensor and have to connect to a 12V constant and ground (not to the red and black of the first sensor as indicated in my old manual).  The green wire will then pick up both the warn away and full alarm signal from the second sensor.  Hopefully, I have stated this correctly and not confused us both:)  This is only my second alarm install.  So far, I have spent more time trying to figure out what wires does what vs. time actually making connections!

Here is picture I found online to help visualize.

dei viper 5901 5704 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

fdelzingaro 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
IDoes anybody know which wire on a Viper 5704 is the accessory input?  I think I am missing the positive 12V input to the brain when the key is in the on position.  I am using a DB-ALL D2D connection.  The reason I think I  am missing this is beacause I can get the control center to respond when I press the button and when the alarm is triggered the control center light flashes to show the trigger zone but when I turn on the key it never resets.
Frank Delzingaro
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
H3/9 on the heavy gauge wire harness   RED / Black
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  
Smokie, how many more times do we have to say Connect ALL of the POWER SUPPLY cables?
fdelzingaro 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  

The issue was H3/9 but H3/1 so you were incorrect..  I did read the instructions.  This is not my  first time out.  I just retraced the wiring and found that H3/1 had popped loose from the connector.  This "Amature" resolved it himself.  Double check yourself if you think you are pro's. And keep the nasty commenst for the playground.

Frank Delzingaro
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
Certainly not incorrect I did say connect ALL power wires, I've said it before many times, hence my comment also read my signature lines,if you're a pro, you test.
Certainly no offence meant, common sense yes.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Gee.  How did it "popped loose"?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2012 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
Funny, I've got a Snap-On pin removal kit to get those Molex connectors out of the block, it isn't easy, by the way amature is spelt amateur.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic