icon

compustar starter 05 wrx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
naviracer23 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
I actually am having two issues with this vehicle and need some help.
1) I am not using any bypass as the vehicle has only keyless entry from subaru, no factory alarm. I have the RED / white door trigger wire on the brain connected to the yellow door trigger wire on the car and when you try to lock/unlock the car with the compustar remote, the doors do not actually lock and unlock. If this is related to not using a bypass, I do have an ADS-AL-CA. The only problem is I cannot locate the IMMOBILIZER Data 1 and Data 2 wires on the vehicle. I called idatalink and the said to not even use the bypass then, just use the brain.
2) When you pull the e-brake, take key out of ignition and get out car stays running as it should until lock is pushed which shuts it down. Then, when you go to remote start it, the lights on the dash light up but nothing happens. The lights then go out and come back on like its attempting to start again. This vehicle is a manual transmission and the parking brake output is connected. So its like the car needs to be tricked into thinking it has the clutch pushed in maybe?
naviracer23 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention that No I did not cut the looped wire in the brain of the unit.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Bypass has nothing to do with the factory alarm, but more to do with the transponder rf chip in the key, which 2005 is the first year for the impreza. So you do need a key bypass. Do everything you did when you first tried it. But roll down the windows and leave they key in the ignition. If it starts that's your problem. It needs a bypass
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
It is possible you may need a bypass. My 04 STI did not, but 05 is when they started. As for the locks, what wires did you connect to in the car?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
You need to bypass the clutch as well.
First try what Metz mentioned. If that doesn't work, do what he suggested, but this time step on the clutch. If iit starts you have a clutch problem.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
naviracer23 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah there no chip in the key. Compustar tech support told me for the remote start to work, it needed to see door trigger so I have the RED / white door trigger wire on the brain connected to the yellow door trigger wire of the vehicle at the subaru keyless module. Im sure this why the lock and unlock functions dont work correct?
If you go to idatalink and put in 05 wrx impreza (not sti) and look up type 4, on the right side it says data 1 and data 2, keysense etc. I cannot find the wires on the vehicle that are supposed to be data 1 and data 2.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Wow... long day I guess, I didn't even think of that one... lol. The clutch is very easy to bypass on these. Test the 2 pin plug at the clutch for which wire is constant ground vs. ground when the clutch is in. Then connect the (-)200ma 2nd start output from the brain to the wire that shows ground when the clutch is in. Viola, clutch is bypassed.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
naviracer23 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
It says keysense, data 1 and data 2 are in the IMM ECU harness under steering column, I looked in all of the harnesses there, and do not see any wire the color of the data 1 but I do see the same colors as data 2 and keysense. So not sure what to use. I told idatalink that and they said not to even use it, just hook straight up to the car.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the steering column completely taken off? Right around the ignition cylinder should be a plastic ring with a connector coming off it (ring is *usually* black). Those will have your wires.
Have you tried starting it with the key in the cylinder? Also, what exactly is is doing when you try to start it? If it's not even cranking then you probably have a different problem.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
And the door input has nothing to do with the door locks. The door input is just what tells the compustar unit when the door is opened.
Your lock/unlock wires are:
Power Lock      RED / white      -      integrated module, gray plug
Notes: The integrated module is to the left of the steering column.
Power Unlock      yellow/red      -      integrated module, gray plug
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic