icon

i think my xk01 just went bad

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
leonpiper69 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
i have 99 gmc p/u that i put a viper (i think its a 901?) anyway i put it in about 4 or 5 yrs ago and used an xk01 and this morning my truck wouldnt start.
so i tried starting it with the key and it works fine. it tries to start if i use the remote, but it fires then dies instantly a few times. so i tried turning the key on to bypass the vats and hit the start button and it fired right up....... but the starter stayed engaged for a few seconds so i shut it down.
fired right up with the key. truck runs fine. just wont function with the remote start. im thinking the xk01 went bad. any way to test this? save for buying another xk01 and swapping it out? anyone ever here of an xk01 going bad?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
I am not at all familiar with that module.  But if there is a Tach connection, you may want to check that connection.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
How about trying to reprogram the module to the vehicle. Most older DEI modules need to be reprogrammed if they lose power. I hate that they do this.
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
jstruckman wrote:
How about trying to reprogram the module to the vehicle. Most older DEI modules need to be reprogrammed if they lose power. I hate that they do this.
i hope not, it was programmed out of the box.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
He's not referring to being "reflashed" he's talking about maybe needing to set up the XK01 to the car again. You'll need to goto xpresskit.com and download the manual if you don't still have it. Then follow the manual to set the "mode" then follow the learning procedure for that mode to reprogram the XK01. Again you are not "reflashing" the module, just setting it up again like the first day you installed it.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Was the install done w2w or d2d?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2012 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
its snowing so im gonna tear into it when in a few days i think. im pretty sure it was d2d if i remember right. i installed it like 4 yrs ago.
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
yeah....... now it works again??????i think my xk01 just went bad -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic