icon

clifford rsx 3.5 remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
grshopr 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all. First, let me say thanks for the amazing references for wiring on this site. They actually have led me back here in the hopes that someone can shine light on what the issue is, since I am plain stumped.
I have a 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT, that I'm installing a Clifford RSX 3.5 in. I've gotten everything installed that I believe needs to be installed, and the security and keyless entry work great, but the remote start does not. I can turn the engine on, have the car running, and activate the 'remote start' function, and the car will stay running when I take out the key, just like it should, but the actual remote start does nothing.
For the harnesses:
Heavy satellite relay harness:
Installed all wires correctly, based on wiring guide here, and verified on another site
H3: all are installed except for the hood and defogger. Neutral safety switch was grounded, since the car is manual, and I removed the clutch bypass switch long ago. Tach is properly wired in and programmed. Brake light wire has been tested functioning correctly.
Anybody have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks.
grshopr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
Edit: just installed the hood switch on H3 just in case. Only the rear defogger isn't installed.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
do you get parking light flashes when you attempt to start?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
On most units, the neutral safety has to be connected to the ebrake... unless that unit has a separate ebrake input?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
On most units, the neutral safety has to be connected to the ebrake... unless that unit has a separate ebrake input?
That is correct. But I just realized that this unit he is using does not appear to be manual compatible.... So he is doing an install that could possibly injure somebody. I'm personally no longer going to try to help just based off of that.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
grshopr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
It does not. I can just connect it to the ebrake? Wouldn't that have the same result as grounding it though?
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know if you realize this or not but the unit you are putting in can/will start in gear and possibly hurt someone or cause damage to something. Get a unit that is manual transmission safe and we'll be glad to assist.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
grshopr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, I was not aware. Thanks for the heads up. I'll rethink whether I want to go any further on this then....
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Buy a 689m
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, pick up the 689m or a proper remote starter. Once you do let us know and we will help you further. Its nothing personal, but I also will not assist with an installation that has the probability of injuring or possibly killing somebody.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic