icon

2007 jeep wrangler remote start prep

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yazeljr 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
ok, another question. Upon unplugging the 5 pin connector, there are only 4 wires. The MUX wire is nonexistent. I'm stumped...
thanks again.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
Are you sure its the mux that is missing and not the starter? Some will not have the + starter, and depending on how you are looking at the plug, they could appear to be the same pin...
Apparently you double posted, and it happened to go onto the next page... so in case you missed this reply...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
yazeljr 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
2007 jeep wrangler remote start prep - Page 2 -- posted image.2007 jeep wrangler remote start prep - Page 2 -- posted image.
Pretty sure I'm looking at it correctly. These pics are from my actual vehicle. Am I wrong?
side note: I see you were the Roadshop install manager, I was the OPS manager at Circuit 3729 - fort wayne, IN. Thats kinda cool i thought.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
You need to look at the plug from the back of the plug. The violet/brown (can't see the brown, but I can take bets it has a brown tracer) is your mux wire, and the blue/red is your 12v. DO NOT connect the main r/s 12v input to this wire. It is only fused at 10amps. Not sure if you have another option (ie kickpanel, etc) but I always take the 12v directly from the battery with an additional 30amp fuse right at the battery. You do not have the starter wire so you will need to follow wire diagram C or D (depending on if you are going w2w or d2d). It MAY not require the mux relay, but check the diagram before you just go on my word... I don't know that vehicle exactly.
I ended up getting my current job and putting my 2 weeks in to Circuit City about a week before they announced they were closing. Talk about perfect timing. I ended up staying through some of the liquidation to help out where I could.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic