icon

alarm/remote start, 06 subaru legacy gt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
I actually went to the cluster to get the tach wire, I believe it was the only RED / white. The GREEN/ black speed sensor wire was right next to the RED / white tach wire. The cluster has 2 screws under a little trim piece that is below the cluster, but above the upper steering wheel shroud. I had taken off the upper shroud earlier. Not sure if it was needed or not to remove the cluster.
i also had not integrated any of the keyless functions as the 09 legacy had the keyless built into the key. I used a 1 button remote starter to start only. If you power up the keysense wire the factory keyless function will not work while the car is running... so, like I said before, that wire is not needed...But you do need to hook up the yellow/red disarm wire, this way the factory alarm doesn't go off when remote starting.
dandude 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks; This is very helpful and another piece of the puzzle. I will check out this and the other suggested connections next week if and when the weather permits a my garage lacks space to work on the car.
dandude 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Kreg357; Thanks for the info and the photo. This is helpful and I probably will make the Tach connection under the hood as you suggest. I am attaching an actual photo of under my dash and you will note that my ECM is located on the steering column and not behind the glovebox. My 2006 I suspect is one made during the mid year changes they made that year and why the factory manual schematics are not totally accurate. I think this may be why I have had such a difficult time sorting out exactly where to make the necessary connections for the remote start and key bypass modules.
Daniel
alarm/remote start, 06 subaru legacy gt - Page 2 -- posted image.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
Thats picture is actually the BIU. It controls "body" functions such as door locks, factory alarm, possibly lights,brakes, horn, Dome light....
The ECM is located Either behind or below the glove box. When I say below the glove box, I think it might be underneath the top half of the carpet on the floor. You might not even need to remove the glove box to see it... The ECM is for engine controls. The fuel injector wires will leave the ECM, go through the firewall and to the fuel injector itself, but it originates from the ECM. The ignition Coil wires will also originate at the ECM and go through the firewall. You can use the tach wire listed as RED / white at the 35pin plug(c), Pin 22 of the ECM or if you have the service manual, you can also locate a fuel injector wire or ignition coil wire. This is all if you want to keep the connections within the car and not under the hood. Sometimes its just easy enough to go through the firewall and connect directly to the uncommon wire at the fuel injector or ignition coil.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
oh, and in that picture to the left is a silver box with 2 plugs(1 gray, 1 white) I "believe" that is your TCM. TCM is your transmission control module. Again, if you have the factory service manual, you might be able to find a TACH there also...
dandude 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Flobee4; I have been looking at the wrong module and n wonder nothing made sense.
Not to make excuses but the Subaru factory manual on CD/DVD has much to be desired for clarity and location of modules/wires. It does show all the plugs and harness but.......
below is the ECM located in the upper floor mat area in the passenger side. I will now verify the wires needed and see if they agree with all the tips this forum has provided for me.
Thanks also for pointing out the TCM's location.
Danielalarm/remote start, 06 subaru legacy gt - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic