icon

audiovox xm direct sony combo frustration

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chaddaddy 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a SONY MEX-BT3900U along with an audio box CNP2000UC with the appropriate connection cable, CNPSON1. I installed everything, flashed the firmware, plugged it all in and it worked great. The deck responded to it and gave me the "XM" menu option. It said "ATN" and i realized i didn't hook up the antenna. I routed it to the roof and plugged it in. Then I turned the SONY on and nothing. The XM will not display. I have tried everything, ref lashed the firmware, un-plugged, replugged it in, you name it. THe connections look fine but for some reason the deck will not recongnize the XM unit. PLEASE HELP! I am about to shoot the darn thing! Ha..
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

If the antenna is inside the vehicle, put it outside the vehicle.  Try removing power completely from the head unit, ensure everything is connected properly and the antenna is outside with a clear view of the sky (not under a roof.  They don't work indoors.)  Then power the system on and see if it connects.  If not, call Audiovox technical support (the number is in your owner's manual.)

Support the12volt.com
chaddaddy 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your reply DY. I did everything, (this isn't my first rodeo) and still nothing. So in the end, it went back for a new one. The new unit will be here tomorrow. To all of those who read this in the frustration I was in: I spoke with many of my local and more educated audio friends (many of them own shops) and they said that it isn't common that the audiovox units go out, but it does happen every once in a while. So basically, send it back on warranty. IF you already did all of the above steps that DY and I listed. Thanks again DY.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, bad units can happen to any manufacturer.  I hope that's all it is. 
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic