icon

alarm/start wiring diagram 2008 saab 9 7x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awesomo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, Does anyone have an up-to-date wiring diagram for alarm/remote start on a 2008 9-7x?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
Do yourself a favor and get an Idatalink ADS-ALSL-GM or ADS-DLSL-GM1. It will integrate multiple features through data including:
Data Immobilizer bypass (no key required)
Lock/Unlock
Arm/Disarm
Door Status
Trunk Status
Rear Defrost
Heated Seats
Tach Status
RAP shutdown
It will make everything a lot easier. As long as you go with one of the 2 bypasses above it should come pre-loaded with the correct firmware.
As far as the remaining connections:
12volts      orange (30A)      +      trailer brake pre-wiring
Notes: If equipped, the Digital Radio Receiver is under the passenger dash, behind the glove box.
Starter      yellow      +      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 11
Second Starter      N/A           
Ignition      pink      +      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 5
Second Ignition      white      +      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 10
Third Ignition      N/A           
Accessory      orange      +      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 7
Second Accessory      brown      +      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 12
Notes: Must be powered up. If not, the vehicle will crank as soon as it sees ignition.
Keysense      lt. green (required)      -      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 4 or BCM, tan plug, pin E3
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the left rear seat, attached to the rear fuse box.
Power Lock      use Directed interface module           
Notes: If interface module is not available, see Tech Doc 1053.
Power Unlock      see power lock           
Lock Motor      gray      5 wire      rear fuse box, white 68 pin plug, pin F6
Notes: The rear fuse box is under the left rear seat.
Unlock Motor      tan      5 wire      driver window switch, gray 24 pin plug, pin B2
Parking Lights+      brown (F); brown (R)      +      rear fuse box, black 68 pin plug, pin C3; white 68 pin plug, pin E2
Parking Lights-      BROWN / white to gray/black      -      headlight switch or BCM, tan plug, pin E5
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the left rear seat, attached to the rear fuse box.
Hazards      white      -      hazard switch, black 9 pin plug, pin 2
Turn Signal(L)      dk. green      +      turn signal switch, black 8 pin plug, pin F
Turn Signal(R)      lt. green      +      turn signal switch, black 8 pin plug, pin H
Reverse Light      lt. green      +      rear fuse box, white 68 pin plug, pin E5
Door Trigger      gray/black      -      driver window switch, gray 24 pin plug, pin A2
Dome Supervision      gray/black      +      rear fuse box, gray 32 pin plug, pin B6
Trunk/Hatch Pin      pink/black      -      Liftgate Module, white 9 pin plug, pin 6
Notes: The Liftgate Module is in the liftgate.
Hood Pin      N/A           
Trunk/Hatch Release      N/A           
Power Sliding Door      N/A           
Factory Alarm Arm      arms on lock with door open           
Factory Alarm Disarm      lt. green      -      driver window switch, gray 24 pin plug, pin A4
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
Disarm No Unlock      Passkey and ignition           
Tachometer      white      ac      cluster, gray 24 pin plug, pin A12 or ECM, blue plug, pin 31 or 25
Notes: The ECM (Engine Control Module) is on the upper left side of the engine (4.2L), or near the lower left front of the engine (5.3L).
Can also go to any fuel injector and use the wire that is not pink.
Wait to start      N/A           
Brake Wire      white to lt. blue      +      brake switch or trailer brake pre-wiring
Notes: The trailer brake pre-wiring are 4 blunt cut wires on the harness coming thru the driver firewall.
Parking Brake      lt. blue      -      parking brake switch or rear fuse box, black 68 pin plug, pin B1
Horn Trigger      BLACK / YELLOW to black      -      horn switch or BCM, tan plug, pin E12
**Make sure to use a relay to power the 2nd accessory (and 2nd ignition if the r/s unit you use does not have a flex relay output)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
the fortin int-sl+ works great for this vehicle. was definitely a helping hand when working on this car, and its cheaper than the idatalink.
the idatalink piece is great as well. you cant go wrong with either.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
Uncle Howard wouldn't touch one of these without a Data/by-pass module.
These cars are re-bodied GM Vauxhall/Opel Vectras with the added vagaries of Saab interiors and different wiring looms, e.g. love of T20 torx and where some put the ignition switch.
One of the few I'd do D2D rather than W2W.
Bluetooth kits are easy though once you've endured the PITA of removing the radio, you can run the line out from a Parrot etc. directly into the radio and all the connections, mute, tel sp+ and tel sp- are labelled on the case, even a built in mic. with switch-able impedances wish they were all like that...
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Now Uncle Howie, why would you go D2D over W2W? Essentially they are one in the same once it is connected no? And with D2D you have no capabilities of troubleshooting... which I could see being a requirement in that vehicle... haha.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
I stand corrected AND I was wrong about it's origins, it's a Chevy, not a Vauxhall alarm/start wiring diagram 2008 saab 9 7x -- posted image..
My excuse is they never sold it in Europe.
Mind you people should hold on to late Saabs, along with Crackberries and Nokias, probably collectors items in 20 years.
If you want to know why I said D2D over wiring just look at a recent Vauxhall, a.k.a. Saturn Astra, lights at front fusebox, lights at rear fuse box, etc. etc.
offroadzj 
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
On the US models (Saturn Astra) according to readyremote you can use gray/green (-) at the switch... but I haven't done one yet so I cannot verify that. According to idatalink, their bypasses control parking lights but it doesn't say it's specific to D2D... so it should still do it in W2W. Not sure about the directed bypasses though.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
On the UK Astras we went to the fuse boxes for the indicators, 4 in the front and two rear.
All the bits in the steering column are GM single wire CAN.
For the indicators we had to remove the battery to get at the front fuse box!
The point was just about everything was CAN and it was easier to go D2D because W2W was a PITA
awesomo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the quick responses guys.
Yes, the Saab 9-7x is a re-branded Trailblazer with a nice interior.
I have already installed a handful of Galaxy 5000rs units on my families cars (ford windstar, gmc envoy, chevy trailblazer) and although I liked the alarms, the DEI bypass modules I used for the GM's left something to be desired. Thanks for the tip on the iDataLink. I absolutely will be getting one this time around. I have had nuisance issues with the few DEI modules I have used.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic