icon

1997 toyota tl100, remote start/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
newportnj 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Trying to get wiring information, or as much of a cheat sheet as possible for a 97 Toyota TL100 as I am attempting to do my remote start/alarm system.
ANY help is greatly appreciated!
newportnj 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
Im trying to find some advice, tips, and get answers to some questions that as of now had no luck finding answers too.
The vehicle is a 1997 Toyota TL100
Even any simple helpful tips would be greatly appreciated, TRULY APPRECIATED!!
Relay module- As far as I know, i do not need the relay module as i have no chip in my key. However the relay is actually a separate piece that connects too the main "brain" module. Also it includes the only thick wires which need to connect to the other thick wires located along the ignition and what im certain is the ignition harness. How do I get around this? or must I install it anyway in order to use those wires?
Ignition harness wires- The thick wires i mentioned, are started, 12+, ect, and are tight along the ignition, my question here is how do I gain slack, or is there a better access point as of right now I feel slicing wires I will not have the slack i need to make all of the proper connections
Tach wire- (in vehicle) It says the tach wire is located in the coil, but am having a nightmare of a time locating this wire. Any help in finding this wire is greatly helpful. Some have said the tach is not necessary, but perhaps somebody can squash any questions I have about this.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  
What make of R/S alarm are you installing?
From your questions I would strongly advise not attempting this install
1) Of course the relay module is needed, high power outputs to ignition starter etc. Nothing to do with a by-pass.
2)I'm 65 and never had the problem you seem to be having with the ignition loom. Once you've identified your wires unplug at the ignition switch connector for access, have you even removed any panels, steering cowl, etc. for access?
3)Tach is in the engine check connector adjacent to u/hood fusebox, passenger side.
This is something like a 2 hour install with no hidden problems.
thecoolmankyle7 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with howie. That truck is a very simple install but from your questions I think it would be worth paying some one elese to put it in.
newportnj 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
The model is a AVITAL 5303L Security/Remote Start System
Yes,
I had removed the cowl, all panels in surrounding area, and tugged on the ignition coil alittle to see what kind of play I could get out of it.
And as far as the tach, it seems every source I find says its here, or there, but it hasnt shown itself yet, The guide I got off of here said it was located by/in/near the coil
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
Please don't do this on your own, do you even have a DMM to test for tach?
newportnj 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, that was another problem i was having- Figuring out how the dmm will react to the tach wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Black probe to ground red probe to suspect wire, set meter to 20vAC start engine you will see between .5-7VAC on your meter.
It's where I told you before, plus any non common injector wire, plus any of the coils possibly also at the data socket under dash, pin 9 and rear of tachometer gauge if fitted plus engine management etc. etc. etc.
Go to the ready remote site and look at their install videos, they will also have the install advice for your vehicle.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2012 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.readyremote.com/InstructionalVideo.asp

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic