icon

2011 toyota camry se remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kxed 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2012 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2011 Toyota Camry SE I'm going to try to install a viper 4203v and a xpresskit xk05. I have done a few remote starters before but not in anything this new i have been searching the forum for install tips but now I'm really confused has any one installed this combo in this car can i get some tips
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2012 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have done installation in most toyota cars up to 2012, but I use "Key Override All" from Fortin Electronics. It is Simple.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2012 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
ropuma wrote:
I have done installation in most toyota cars up to 2012, but I use "Key Override All" from Fortin Electronics. It is Simple.
Totally agree with ropuma. This is the most simple bypass for this vehicle if you don't wanna sacrifice a key. Also, use the are and disarm wires to lock and unlock the doors (unlock requires a double pulse). You can find them in the DKP and they will test with the key in the door. I use two diodes and isolate the disarm and unlock wires for the r/s so it disarms before remote start along with unlocking the doors (kill two birds with one stone). If you wanna incorporate the trunk release, there is a black 18AWG wire in the driver's harness running to the rear. This is 5-wire so make sure you use a relay. Also , I grab (+) p.lights (green) on the front of the fusebox. This wire will still allow for light flash with the p.light switch in the auto headlight position. Grab tach, black,pin 9 at OBD II.Other than that, This vehicle is straight forward.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
kxed 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2012 at 4:19 AM / IP Logged  
thanks guys but I'm sorry I don't have the xk05 I got the db-all how is this unit
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2012 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
It will work fine, but its a little overkill for that car. All that it gives you over say the Key-overide-all is foot brake, tach, and door / trunk status; all of which are extremely easy to get to on that car. I personally wouldn't have wasted the money, but if you already have it, then go for it. I suggest using the w2w method and run an actual tach to the OBD port. Don't use the tach out of the DB-ALL, I have never had a tach work correctly out of them (haven't really installed many though). Other than that it should be pretty straight forward.
1 more thing, make sure to use a relay on the 2nd start wire. Don't just jumper from the 1st starter wire. Also, is this a standard key or smart key?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kxed 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2012 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
It's a standard key how do you run the relay for the second start wire
kxed 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2012 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
Also why use w2w
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2012 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Because D2D can be unreliable and it gives almost no ability for diagnosing problems / issues in the future (no actual wires to test / verify). And it only takes a few minutes to make the connections so why risk the headache over 5 min. less of work?
Wire up the 2nd starter relay as follows:
30a/40a standard automotive SPDT relay
Pin 85 - (-)200ma 2nd starter output from r/s
Pin 86 - 12v constant fused
Pin 87 - 12v constant fused (20a)
Pin 30 - Vehicle 2nd Starter wire
Pin 87a - no connection
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kxed 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2012 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
i don't see a second starter output from the remote start
kxed 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2012 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
also is there any special I have to do to unlock the door while the car is remote started with the factory key fob
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic