icon

2011 toyota camry se remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kxed 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
I don't see a wire for keysense from the rd or dball is there a wire I need to hook up for this
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
If you have a factory alarm, I believe connecting the GWR (Status output) of the remote starter to the keysense will disarm the factory alarm during remote start without unlocking the driver's door. Make sure to diode isolate the GWR when splitting between the DB-ALL and keysense. If you have a 2nd status output, then you can use that instead of having to diode isolate your GWR.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kxed 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have a factory alarm so do I need to hookup a keysense wire or dont I need it
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Unless the bypass calls for it (some do, some don't) then no it is not needed.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kxed 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
ok the db-all doesn't show it Needed. Thanks
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
For future notice the key sense doesn't disarm the factory alarm if it has one. Use the disarm that tests with the key in the door. We do all the remote starts for the toyota dealer in town and the key sense has never worked.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
offroadzj 
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  
Yea, I wasn't 100% sure about the 2011. I know that on the tacomas, up to 2010 it did work.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kxed 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
I got it installed the dball was a nightmare I couldn't get it to program so I ripped it out and installed a tk05 and programmed like a pro. even though they don't list it on the dei web sight Toyota is still using 2 different keys in 2011 a g key and a punch mark key. I think this is where I had the problem with the dball and tl4 firmware as I have the punch mark key but dei said it should still work.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

Punchmark means 40bit  and most bypasses connect to the RX/TX wires at the ignition switch

G on the key means 80bit and all bypasses connect to the IMI/IMO wires behind the glovebox.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kxed 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2012 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  
Xpresskit only shows imi/imo for 2011 DEI said it will work hooked up in the imi/imo way ever though I have the 40bit key
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic