icon

1997 vw jetta gt complete upgrade trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dirtybass 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
So this post might be a little long so im going to get right to it.
I bought two CVR 12's with a ported box and a PX3200 Planet Audio mono block with a 2.0 Farad Tube Cap.
I ran 4 gauge with a 150 Amp ANL Style Fuse to the cap, then grounded the cap to the trunk, from the cap i went to my mono block with a 60 Amp AGU Fuse between the cap and my amp. (Yes i just realized that the fuse probably is way to weak). Then i had my amp grounded separately.
All is fine and dandy till I decided to upgrade all my speakers.
I bought a pioneer D series pack that came with two 2 ways and 2 tweeters with passive crossovers, and two 4-ways (i think)
I also bought a Planet Audio 1600 4 channel amp to power everything.
The guy at the sound shop told me since my head unit only has front and rear RCA's on the back i needed these
1997 vw jetta gt complete upgrade trouble - Last Post -- posted image.
he also recommended using speed wire to bypass the premium audio in my car.
i have no idea how to do that? all i know is that he said to hook one end to the harness of my radio and to run the other end back. 1997 vw jetta gt complete upgrade trouble - Last Post -- posted image.
They also told me instead of using a Dist block to just run my NEW 0 gauge back with a 125A fuse to the cap, then from the cap run an 8 gauge power wire to my new amp and a 4 gauge power wire to my subs amp. then to use a 4 gauge into 4 8 gauge dist, ground block. I head that putting mult, amps on one cap is a no no, especially if its different gauged wire.
how do i run and wire the two passive blocks?
One last question. What in the world do these go to?
Thanks so much for your time and i would appreciate any answers. and i will check here often to update any questions anyone else has.
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Rca adapters is ok,Power wires are ok,Crossovers wiring look at the connectors, input= speakers wires coming from amps. front -rear-left and right.
Outputs 2, one output (+and- wires) tweeters
 other one (+ and - wires) mid range speakers
you will need 4 crossovers.
You do not need speed sensor unless it is for navigation system.
dirtybass 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
ropuma wrote:
Rca adapters is ok,Power wires are ok,Crossovers wiring look at the connectors, input= speakers wires coming from amps. front -rear-left and right.
Outputs 2, one output (+and- wires) tweeters
 other one (+ and - wires) mid range speakers
you will need 4 crossovers.
You do not need speed sensor unless it is for navigation system.
Thanks for your reply I've figured out most of it, but I have 2 last questions, can I leave two tweeters hooked up and powered by my HU? What do you mean speed sensors.?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic