icon

4 channel amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
04nata 
Copper - Posts: 358
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking to get a amp for my highs, I am currently running my highs off the deck (Clarion) that has 50x4 watts at 4 ohm. But I am running 2 6.5" speakes on each of the back channels and 1 each 4" off the front. I am pretty sure its clipping and since there is no real level control I want to get an amp so I can at least put an inline rca level contol in.

My question is, what whould be a good (inexpensive) solution to this? I don't want to draw more power than the deck already does running its internal amp, as I am about at the capacity of my alternator already.

I found an Alpine, a Kenwood and a few others even under $100.

what do you professionals suggect?

2004 Hyundai Sonata
Kenwood KDC-X599 HU
2-Sundown X-18D4
2-SQ Q4500.1
2-SQ Q90.4
1-Massive DBX4
8-Niche 5.25 mids
8-Niche Tweeters
4-Skar 8" mid-bass
OhioGen 220a alt
OhioGen 350a alt
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
if it were alpine or kenwood, i would use the alpine stuff. is your goal sound quality? if yes you want the max power rms you can get from either amp.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
punch 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 4:24 AM / IP Logged  
are you really sure you are at the alt. capacity? i say this cause if you run a high output alt., you should really run an isolator and another battery. what the islolater will do for you is allow your amps to run of the system battery and be isolated from the car battery. what this does is shows a magnetism through the isolater which keeps your alt. charging at its full capacity when you are using your system. what is happening is your single battery is showin a full charge for a second and decreasing the output of your alt, and by the time your system drains the batt, your alt cant catch up, if you isolate another battery your alt can run at full charge banging your system and not beating up your electrical system in your car. if you were to just add another battery in line you create an even grater load on the charging system so be sure to get an isolater that matches the output of your alt.
04nata 
Copper - Posts: 358
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
yes I am, I do not have the HO alt yet, still running the 75amp stock alt, using the JX1000.1D from JL Audio and no issues or light dimming. Ran a Scorpion vvolt meter inside and aleays have 14.1-14.3 volts when car is running. So I figured I would run it till I NEED the HO
2004 Hyundai Sonata
Kenwood KDC-X599 HU
2-Sundown X-18D4
2-SQ Q4500.1
2-SQ Q90.4
1-Massive DBX4
8-Niche 5.25 mids
8-Niche Tweeters
4-Skar 8" mid-bass
OhioGen 220a alt
OhioGen 350a alt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.