the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

07 nissan altima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ive been doing some research on here and it seems most of you are using the EVO-ALL for the nissan. Im debating on doing an install on a 07 Altima push start. Any things i should know before i take this on ? i looked at the evo-all install guide and compared it to the Idatalink i usually use. The evo-all seems   sooooooooooooooo much eaiser. Is it as easy as it looks ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
hey chev, if youre supplying bypass try to get the evo-can. It does the same job, and much less compared to the evo-all (wholesale/dealer prices)
on that note, its not a hard car to do. you can unplug the harnesses you need from the bcm or take it out entirely. when i install on Nissan or infinity i rather use the fortin pieces, compared to the traditional BLADE-AL/TB. Yes, it is easy as it looks. be more aware of the PIN locations, rather than the colours given. Pin location i find is always correct, but wire colour varies (on ones i have dealt with)
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
chev104275 
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks tedmond I will be suppling the bypass so I will look into the evo can
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2012 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
I've just  done my first EVOall PTS Altima and it definately is much easier than the Idatalink. There is no reason to even go to the BCM if you don't need locks. It cut my install time in half....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
chev104275 
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 6:05 AM / IP Logged  
Does the factory fob still work when the car its running ?      Would I be able to get away with a 1 button start system
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
i believe only the 09+ factory fobs work while in rs. i dont ever install 1button starts, but dont they have the unlock output?
if they do just connect to the evo
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
The factory fob will work with the car running, no matter what the year:
Lock and Unlock work.
Panic, trunk, and horn-honk with lock do not work.
If the customer approaches the rear of the car with the Intelligent Key on his person, he can touch the rubber button (above the license plate) and the trunk opens....just can't do it from the remote.
HOWEVER,
The installation guide is a little confusing on the wiring, but if the car is older than 2009, you don't get takeover unless you wire in the door locks, AND use the aftermarket remote to unlock the car.
Or, explained better like this:
If you install a 1-button and don't hook up locks: Customer activates 1-button remote starter, goes outside to car, unlocks with Nissan remote. Opens door, car shuts down, customer restarts engine and drives away.
If you install a 1-button and hook up doorlocks: Customer activates 1-button remote starter, goes outside to car, unlocks using unlock feature of 1-button starter, gets in and depresses brake pedal within 45 seconds, car stays running and can be driven. Important: Even though the OEM remote works with the car running, customer must use aftermarket remote to unlock car, or no takeover.
NOTE: I did a 2007 G35 with the first method above. Car shut down upon opening, customer didn't complain.
If you look at the installation guide for the doorlocks, it's not clear at all. The module has lock/unlock inputs, and then it says that if the car has a factory alarm (all 2007+ Altimas do), that you have to add wires to the empty slots at the BCM.
BUT, they don't tell you if you need to connect ONLY to the empty pins in the car, or to the empty pins AND the lock/unlock wires on the module. And if you do, do you need diodes in there somewhere?
So anyway, I never tried any of that. But if you do, I suggest that you add wires to the empty pins in the car, extend them and bring them all together with the lock/unlock outputs of your remote starter, ans the lock/unlock inputs of the module...........so now you should have your six wires all in one place, make sense?
Then do the rest of the install, get the remote starter working first.
After that, play with a combination of temporarily connecting those six wires and have some diodes on hand...you'll need to try it a few different ways because the guide isn't clear.
Then, after you get a combination that allows for takeover, make your connections permanent and put the car back together.
If it's your first one, I wouldn't promise the customer takeover. Just try your best, but at least this way if it doesn't work right you don't get burned.
And as far as the rest of it, yes, I agree with the other guys---the EVO-CAN is currently the module of choice for these cars. Saves installation time, and also makes NO hidden trouble codes in the car's computer like the other modules. And this is the ONLY module that makes the car's air conditioner work properly on remote start.
chev104275 
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Chris it will be my first Nissan push start. I haven't got the job yet so will see
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
I have done push start cars for the last 5 years ,Fortin electronics has the best bypass.
pomerlo 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
@Chris
Did my Murano 2007 lately and when connecting to the empty pins at BCM
it will lock and unlock doors and arm/disarm the factory alarm at the same time. No need to wire at the door. Unlock need a double pulse though. I used about an 1 1/8 inche of 14/2 stripped electrical wire to
insert at these pins. Push the pins in until resitence is felt.
The door trigger wire at the BCM can be pulsed to disable the autolight feature(if equipped)on a pulse after shutdown. No relay is needed.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic